First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E GTPE,
Occupation
Consultant
Pulled into the hotel tonight. Parking spots clearly marked for EV. But I guess the trailer driver
Rivian R1T R1S ICE'd - Not in a Rivian. 20230608_214140
is not able to read. So...a switch to off road, and Voilà I'm not ICE'd any more
Sponsored

Last edited:

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Pulled into the hotel tonight. Parking spots clearly marked for EV. But I guess the trailer driver
20230608_214140.jpg
is not able to read. So...a switch to off road, and Voilà no more ICE.
Or you could have just used the charger that was intended for that spot that you are (partially) parked in.

Or the spot that is open right next to you and also an EV charging spot.

Seriously, your picture makes you look like more of an idiot than the trailer. Yes, the trailer is blocking some chargers but there seem to be plenty of other chargers you could have used right there without ruining the grass.

Last edited:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Guessing they do not have a Tesla adapter.

Edit: It is a pain when people are this inconsiderate though. During through Ne Mexico, there was a guy in a new Mercedes EV plugged in at an EA station in a way that blocked 2 stalls. The car had been done charging for over 4 hours when I pulled in and was still there 35 minutes later when I was done charging and left. I got an open charger but people came while I was charging and had to wait for me to finish. 🤷🏻

OP
OP
R1Tims

R1Tims

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E GTPE,
Occupation
Consultant
Or you could have just used the charger that was intended for that spot that you are (partially) parked in.

Seriously, your picture makes you look like more of an idiot than the trailer. Yes, the trailer is blocking some chargers but there seem to be plenty of other chargers you could have used right there without ruining in the grass.
Look close they are Tesla chargers…..

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Interestingly enough, the car on the truck over the EV spots is... An EV

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Idk how I feel about that rear end of the Lyric. I don't think I like it near as much now after this picture.

Sponsored

Airbuswillie

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Model 3, ‘99 Suburban, ‘24 GMC1500 AT4
Occupation
Airline pilot
20230608_214140.jpg
You do know that “ICE” stand for internal combustion engine don’t you? So saying “voila, no more ICE” literally means ”voila, no more internal combustion engine” which makes absolutely no sense and is wrong because those vehicles are clearly still there and in the way.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
You do know that “ICE” stand for internal combustion engine don’t you? So saying “voila, no more ICE” literally means ”voila, no more internal combustion engine” which makes absolutely no sense and is wrong because those vehicles are clearly still there and in the way.
I think you're taking his comments a little too literally.

E-lectric

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T El Cap w/ 22s , 24 BMW i5 M60
Clubs

20230608_214140.jpg
You did the right thing, kudos. What gets me about the photo is the charging cable to the 2 Tesla destination chargers are just laying on the grass. Another thing that can give us all a bad name, getting a free charge, but too lazy to put the charger back into the holder and the cables wrapped around it.

CJdergroße

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Management

Seriously, your picture makes you look like more of an idiot than the trailer. Yes, the trailer is blocking some chargers but there seem to be plenty of other chargers you could have used right there without ruining the grass.
I would have done the same thing he did, he was actually courteous, so if a car with no ground clearance, and the port (normally) in the back/side could reach the one charger available.

Stupid truck driver...

These are "destination" chargers and you can still use them with an adapter.
It depends on how the installer programmed it, I have visited several destination chargers and it would not charge with my adapter. I opened up the settings in my old Gen 3 Tesla wall charger and it does have a setting "Tesla vehicles only". It makes sense why Tesla advertised opening the destination chargers to non-Teslas, as well as their Superchargers in a press release a while ago.
Sponsored