Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

If you’re taking delivery soon then I hope yours goes as well as ours did! Things went very smoothly. Way, way better than any other new car buying experience I've had.

Everything looks great, and it is nearly flawless as far as I can tell. There is one minor issue: when the lift gate opens it makes a noise because there is a slight rub on the roof panel behind the shark fin antenna. I put in a service ticket via the app while we were there. I loved being able to attach a video to the service ticket in addition to entering a text description. To be clear, the tail gate and lift gate alignment look really, really good. Not absolutely perfect but close enough that nothing bothers me… and I can be pretty picky. I don't think it's worth messing with anything other than the part that makes noise so I am content with the aesthetics. This is a 7xxx VIN built in April.

Victor is our guide, David at Costa Mesa setup the delivery appointment / verified everything was in line, and Adam was our delivery person. All three were outstanding! I don't think I could've been happier with the process, especially given other new car buying experiences. I took our external USB-C storage for Gear Guard along and Adam went through the process of formatting it with us. Getting help in such a relaxed setting was something new. We’ve purchased quite a few new cars over the years and this was the first time in my life that we spent less time on sales paperwork than getting assistance with vehicle overview, setup, and Q&A. Added bonus: there’s no attempt at up-selling at the end of the signing process when you just want to get into your new car.

With the unusually cloudy weather we’ve had in 2023, the strangest part of the delivery process was that it was sunny. :cool: This is the best picture we got, although my husband wasn't wearing his sunglasses so he looks like he's scowling. He isn’t, it's just the glare.

Rivian R1T R1S If you’re taking delivery… hope yours goes as well as ours did! IMG_2327

Looking forward to off-roading s00n…
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

If you’re taking delivery soon then I hope yours goes as well as ours did! Things went very smoothly. Way, way better than any other new car buying experience I've had.

Everything looks great, and it is nearly flawless as far as I can tell. There is one minor issue: when the lift gate opens it makes a noise because there is a slight rub on the roof panel behind the shark fin antenna. I put in a service ticket via the app while we were there. I loved being able to attach a video to the service ticket in addition to entering a text description. To be clear, the tail gate and lift gate alignment look really, really good. Not absolutely perfect but close enough that nothing bothers me… and I can be pretty picky. I don't think it's worth messing with anything other than the part that makes noise so I am content with the aesthetics. This is a 7xxx VIN built in April.

Victor is our guide, David at Costa Mesa setup the delivery appointment / verified everything was in line, and Adam was our delivery person. All three were outstanding! I don't think I could've been happier with the process, especially given other new car buying experiences. I took our external USB-C storage for Gear Guard along and Adam went through the process of formatting it with us. Getting help in such a relaxed setting was something new. We’ve purchased quite a few new cars over the years and this was the first time in my life that we spent less time on sales paperwork than getting assistance with vehicle overview, setup, and Q&A. Added bonus: there’s no attempt at up-selling at the end of the signing process when you just want to get into your new car.

With the unusually cloudy weather we’ve had in 2023, the strangest part of the delivery process was that it was sunny. :cool: This is the best picture we got, although my husband wasn't wearing his sunglasses so he looks like he's scowling. He isn’t, it's just the glare.
IMG_2327.jpeg

Looking forward to off-roading s00n…
Your photo didn’t load correctly. We’d love to see it.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for the update! I hopefully take delivery tomorrow (Saturday). The only possible glitch is that my Credit Union sent payment via Fed Ex standard delivery, which is up to 4:30 PM delivery. Rivian says they have a 1 PM cut off to process payments. ACH was not possible according to Plaid, apparently my credit union is not a Plaid "subscriber".

Mine is also a 74xx VIN so I hope the build quality is like yours!

dradam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S OC LA Silver 21 as of Nov 3, 2022 !!
Congrats !! can't wait to get mine. Can you elaborate more on the usb drive and what its for? Is there any other device to have ready at your delivery?
TIA

OP
OP
SoCal Rob

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Your photo didn’t load correctly. We’d love to see it.
Sorry, pic added. I’ll take more when we go off-road in a few weeks…

Reactions: Jac

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCal Rob

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Congratulations. I know you’ve been waiting a while. Also I’m excited to hear your thoughts off roading because it sounds like you have more experience with a similar type traction control to what the Rivian has compared to lockers.

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

You have exceptional taste in selected configuration from the shop. 😉

GRtruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, BMW X5 45e, R1T
Congrats !! can't wait to get mine. Can you elaborate more on the usb drive and what its for? Is there any other device to have ready at your delivery?
TIA
I took delivery of my R1T on Tuesday. The Gear Guard allows you to attach a storage device between 128GB and 2TB in size to capture Drive Cam videos. I picked up a 1TB Samsung t7 ssd. I did it after picking up our new truck.

https://stories.rivian.com/software-update-drive-cam

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Looks awesome and congrats! Glad the delivery process went well! Mine went like that too, and agree that process is top notch when it goes right, which I suspect is most of the time.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
About time!

Rivian R1T R1S If you’re taking delivery… hope yours goes as well as ours did! 1686317136621

dradam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S OC LA Silver 21 as of Nov 3, 2022 !!
Thanks for the info and the links about the usb drive.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Congrats, Rob! I hope the R1S takes you everywhere the LR3 did and more.
Sponsored