Sponsored

tylerdurden03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Jeep GC Trailhawk, Tesla Model 3
Clubs

It seems that closing off the aero holes in the back of the cab spoiler makes the biggest difference
I am surprised custom caps aren’t being made by any of the vendors by now. They seem to be making all sorts of products to optimize our trucks. If anyone hears of one please share.
Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
I am surprised custom caps aren’t being made by any of the vendors by now. They seem to be making all sorts of products to optimize our trucks. If anyone hears of one please share.
I bought a 12" roll of clear PPF that I planned to install over the holes. Didn't have time before a Seattle-Bend trip with RTT. Averaged 2.2 which seems good with the RTT and is same average that I got during our last longer trip (in colder temps without RTT).

tylerdurden03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Jeep GC Trailhawk, Tesla Model 3
Clubs

I bought a 12" roll of clear PPF that I planned to install over the holes. Didn't have time before a Seattle-Bend trip with RTT. Averaged 2.2 which seems good with the RTT and is same average that I got during our last longer trip (in colder temps without RTT).
Same efficiency with and without RTT? Seems nearly impossible…but good to know as I am about to put my iKamper on…

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Same efficiency with and without RTT? Seems nearly impossible…but good to know as I am about to put my iKamper on…
Not really since colder one was 30-50 degrees (with about third of mileage in 60-70) and the recent trip 60-84

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2022 Rivian R1T
Anyone have strong opinions on whether to get the Rocky Black shell?

Also, are the iKamper logos easy to remove? Their name logo is pretty ugly. I love the badge logo, though.

Sponsored

Sgeb

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
SF
Just installed my ikamper as well, looks great and fits perfectly!

quick question for anyone that has the ikamper or any other RTT installed…i still haven’t gotten my manual tonneau cover and after looking at the specs I’m wondering if it’s even worth it. It significantly lowers the height and reduces storage space. Are there any benefits to the truckbed cover that I’m not thinking about? With the RTT on there nobody can really take anything out of the bed without lowering the tailgate.
Most of the electric coolers are too tall to fit under the tonneau cover which is what made me start questioning it in the first place.
Thoughts?

krails

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
We haven’t received our manual tonneau cover yet either, but we opted for the Dometic CFX3 35 fridge because it’ll just fit under the cover. Same with our HD Husky storage tubs (the watertight ones with the clear covers) this way we have options once the tonneau arrives.

We don’t leave our ikamper on the truck at all times - we got a hoist to pop it off when we aren’t planning a camping trip to have full use of the bed. Once you have things set up, removing or dropping the tent on is 15-20 minutes work. We leave a set of cargo bars attached to the tent so it’s just a matter of clear space to pull the truck in, lower the tent on, and lock it and we are set to go.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Just installed my ikamper as well, looks great and fits perfectly!

quick question for anyone that has the ikamper or any other RTT installed…i still haven’t gotten my manual tonneau cover and after looking at the specs I’m wondering if it’s even worth it. It significantly lowers the height and reduces storage space. Are there any benefits to the truckbed cover that I’m not thinking about? With the RTT on there nobody can really take anything out of the bed without lowering the tailgate.
Most of the electric coolers are too tall to fit under the tonneau cover which is what made me start questioning it in the first place.
Thoughts?
tonneau = additional dust and rain protection if that is an issue for you

No_moab

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1t Artic White
Occupation
Adventure Traveler
Clubs

For those of you have installed rtt in the truck bed, congratulations, and I'm on a same route soon.

One big concern I still have and haven't found a solution yet, how you guys going handle the spare tire access issue when the situation demand for. Hitch mount spare( dirtcom) solution is really not my preferred method yet.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

k3g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Robotics
For those of you have installed rtt in the truck bed, congratulations, and I'm on a same route soon.

One big concern I still have and haven't found a solution yet, how you guys going handle the spare tire access issue when the situation demand for. Hitch mount spare( dirtcom) solution is really not my preferred method yet.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated.
You can get the tire out with crossbars on. It takes a bit of upper body strength, or two people might be easier. It's awkward, but can be done.

Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
You can get the tire out with crossbars on. It takes a bit of upper body strength, or two people might be easier. It's awkward, but can be done.
And remove the threaded rod first!

No_moab

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1t Artic White
Occupation
Adventure Traveler
Clubs

And remove the threaded rod first!
Do you think the threaded rod is really needed in its place, after you removed it?

I'm thinking it causes more challenges and scratches than functional benefits. Especially for those with rtt.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Do you think the threaded rod is really needed in its place, after you removed it?

I'm thinking it causes more challenges and scratches than functional benefits. Especially for those with rtt.
Probably depends if your typical roads are bumpy or if you off-road. It came with it for a reason and holds other tire change stuff so I use it.

No_moab

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1t Artic White
Occupation
Adventure Traveler
Clubs

Good to know it can be done with rtt on top. I'm lacking strong upper body strength nor physical companion, but if there is angle I'll find a way. Thanks for reply.
Sponsored