Sponsored

iKamper Skycamp on top of the R1T?

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

I'm still waiting on my roof height bed rack from Xtrusion Overland. Until then, I was thinking of putting a full size iKamper Skycamp on top of the crossbars on the roof of my R1T. Other than looking silly, is there any reason I shouldn't? There's a nice used one for sale here and I was thinking of picking it up and using it on the roof until my bed rack arrives. What do you think? Fingers crossed I won't crack the roof getting it up there.
Sponsored

mhjla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
A lot of overhang if mount just with roof rack alone. You might damage the tent as well. Here's my setup.
Rivian R1T R1S iKamper Skycamp on top of the R1T? 20221016_153833

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

A lot of overhang if mount just with roof rack alone. You might damage the tent as well. Here's my setup.
20221016_153833.jpg
Thanks for posting. Do you mind sharing some more photos of different angles? I’d love to see shots from directly behind and in front of the truck. I’m considering a similar setup.

OP
OP
sacramentoelectric

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

20221016_153833.jpg
Thanks! Looks great. What kind of rack is that and how did you secure it to the crossbar mounts? I only knew about the Xtrusion Overland and the wildly overpriced Overland Ruff Rack.

Edit: I just found your post on the other forum. Looks like you made the adapter yourself. Nice. Are you offering more for sale?

Last edited:

mhjla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thanks! Looks great. What kind of rack is that and how did you secure it to the crossbar mounts? I only knew about the Xtrusion Overland and the wildly overpriced Overland Ruff Rack.

Edit: I just found your post on the other forum. Looks like you made the adapter yourself. Nice. Are you offering more for sale?
Yes, I'll have you on my waiting list. 2nd version is coming soon. It only works on universal rack sold on Amazon.
Sponsored