Saturday Project: S Track Tie Down to Rivian R1T
Time: 40 minutes
Difficulty: 1-10 about 4
Parts:
M6 Screws
Small slim flat head
Power Drill, Metal drill bit
Table vice

Shout out inspiration from BedSide Rack Systems Cab Wall Mollie Panel!

Will swap out for black M6 Hex screws. Stupid Lowes... can't find anything....

Added S Track Tie down to the truck bed. Felt mounting/tie downs were very limited. This is Mark 1 Version will look for better kit and mounting options. Overall very happy... reused existing mounting holes. Not looking to tie down thousands of pounds of gear..... just tie down stuff from rolling around in truck bed.

Rivian R1T R1S Installed S Track Tie Down Rails to Rivian R1T Bed tempImagesUN2UV

Rivian R1T R1S Installed S Track Tie Down Rails to Rivian R1T Bed tempImageAWiMzR

Rivian R1T R1S Installed S Track Tie Down Rails to Rivian R1T Bed tempImageA6mfyc

Rivian R1T R1S Installed S Track Tie Down Rails to Rivian R1T Bed tempImageoVgeNU

Rivian R1T R1S Installed S Track Tie Down Rails to Rivian R1T Bed tempImageE0JnbG

Rivian R1T R1S Installed S Track Tie Down Rails to Rivian R1T Bed tempImageymXAxv

Sponsored

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Oh DAMN that's nice - well done!

Majfa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
I have 4 L tracks on order to do this exact thing, but also on the top and bottom of the front of the bed.

I was searching for the perfect in bed bike mount and found Freedom Coast fork mounts. I’ll post pictures in about a week!

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

What the hell kind of apples do pandas snack on?

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is S-track the same as L-track? I am new to the tie-down game so did some googling and only find S-track on Amazon but find L-track everywhere. From the pictures, they look the same to me. If there are differences, what are they and what's the advantage of using one over the other?

Also, there is a bike mounting system that I am planning to get that uses U-track. Is there an easy way to convert a U-track accessory to work on L-track or S-track? It seems like it be fairly easy to mount L-track on top of U-track, but that seems kind of sloppy and I'd prefer to avoid that if possible.

Sponsored

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I'm looking to add rails to the bed as well. 4 tie down points is not enough. Going to order the 3 tracks from the Toyota Tacoma short bed. I'll circle back and post if it works. Gotta think Rivian has an accessory bed rail in the works. They have the mounting points in place.

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is S-track the same as L-track? I am new to the tie-down game so did some googling and only find S-track on Amazon but find L-track everywhere. From the pictures, they look the same to me. If there are differences, what are they and what's the advantage of using one over the other?

Also, there is a bike mounting system that I am planning to get that uses U-track. Is there an easy way to convert a U-track accessory to work on L-track or S-track? It seems like it be fairly easy to mount L-track on top of U-track, but that seems kind of sloppy and I'd prefer to avoid that if possible.
It’s L track. You’re right. Amazon is wrong.

there are airline/cargo stores that sell all the parts and pieces. Used this in a modular van build out and it’s super strong and effective.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I would like to mount D-Rings in the bed. I saw a YouTube video of a guy that did something similar, but he mounted them at each end of the spare tire hatch. This doesn’t seem like a good structural surface to use. Plus I do t think the latches that keep the hatch shut we’re meant to handle force in an upward direction.
I never used the cargo rails in my Toyota trucks because it was usually better to tie the things I was hauling “down” vs “across”. But nevertheless this S/L track DIY is a sorely needed addition to the only four points we’ve got.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Parts:
M6 Screws
Small slim flat head
Table vice

Added S Track Tie down to the truck bed. Felt mounting/tie downs were very limited. This is Mark 1 Version will look for better kit and mounting options. Overall very happy... reused existing mounting holes. Not looking to tie down thousands of pounds of gear..... just tie down stuff from rolling around in truck bed.

tempImagesUN2UV.png

tempImageAWiMzR.png

tempImageA6mfyc.png

tempImageoVgeNU.png

tempImageE0JnbG.png

tempImageymXAxv.png

Great job. Thanks for posting. Love these kind of posts!

Sponsored

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

Parts:
M6 Screws
Small slim flat head
Table vice

tempImagesUN2UV.png

tempImageAWiMzR.png

tempImageA6mfyc.png

tempImageoVgeNU.png

tempImageE0JnbG.png

tempImageymXAxv.png

Do you have a link to the parts you purchased?

Edit: Are these the parts Pit Posse 4' S Track

Did you just buy two 72" long ones and cut them down?

BeerInPeril

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure, 2016 Porsche GT4
Occupation
 Software Engineer
Rivian_panda, what's the correct length M6 screw for this?

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

Rivian_panda, what's the correct length M6 screw for this?
I ended up using M6x30 countersunk fasteners and they have plenty of thread engaged.