Sponsored

Interesting interaction with Rivian CS today - delivery window feature in account seems to be on track

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Since customers get Visibility at end of the month, it is logical that customer service has this feature internally already.
That's what I was thinking. It makes sense (well, if I were running the show!) that they would deploy the "new" order status tools/information internally a few weeks before it gets rolled out to the customers.
Sponsored

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
Now you all have me dreaming that I could get my R1S for christmas :)... The emotional roller coaster that is Rivian is no fun what so ever!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Now you all have me dreaming that I could get my R1S for christmas :)... The emotional roller coaster that is Rivian is no fun what so ever!
Xmas sure......which yr???? To be decided....

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Spoke to CS today and indeed they said they'll send out an email by the end of this month, and it will direct us to our Rivian accounts, which will have an updated timeline. Then, they plan on sending out monthly updates to that timeline.

Also, they are working on an R1S store.

Sponsored

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

Just based on general corporate finance experience, I expect the 2023 delivery estimates to get a lot more accurate within the next few months.

Companies almost universally set plans for a year in the fall, and try to complete their planning by December 31st. It never actually finishes on time though.

But right now, I expect Rivian is deep in their budgeting/planning process for 2023. This is where they take their vague “we want to build X vehicles in 2023” and fix that to vendor orders, labor planning, scheduling, etc. This is what they will use to drive Wall St guidance.

Hopefully the number they release at the end of October is tied to this not accurate assessment.

jplblue

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Honda Element
Clubs

Also, they are working on an R1S store.
Interesting. I got an email from Rivian a few weeks ago asking me to confirm my address so I could get access to the R1T store "in the next few weeks. " What's funny is that I've never configured an R1T, only the R1S. Hopefully that means I might get access to the R1S store? Haven't heard from Rivian since I confirmed my address, BTW.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Interesting. I got an email from Rivian a few weeks ago asking me to confirm my address so I could get access to the R1T store "in the next few weeks. " What's funny is that I've never configured an R1T, only the R1S. Hopefully that means I might get access to the R1S store? Haven't heard from Rivian since I confirmed my address, BTW.
I believe so.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

I just received my R1T "confirm your confirmation" e-mail about an hour ago.

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I ordered a Lightning and R1T and accepted delivery of the Lightning last month. I'm in the process of selling it on Bring-a-Trailer and will be listed soon so I can use the proceeds to purchase an R1T.

I can take advantage of the Lightning's $7500 Federal tax credit and want to delay my R1T purchase until until early 2023 for Federal tax credit purposes.

I plan on contacting my Guide soon and have a conversation regarding this.
And we would be happy with either one of those trucks... You are a very lucky person...

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

3 Business days left....think we get the windows either this Friday in a late dump or Halloween?
although its seems Rivian loves to send out updates on Fridays, i dont think we'll see the change in the account until Monday, 10/31. that is... if they are still on track.

So prediction... on Friday the email will be either that the feature is launching on 10/31 as they've said or its delayed and will launch in 2-3 weeks.

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I can take advantage of the Lightning's $7500 Federal tax credit and want to delay my R1T purchase until until early 2023 for Federal tax credit purposes.
Can't you take the tax rebate on both trucks in 2022? That's the way it used to work, and I've done it before. There may be a new rule I'm not aware of.

Edit: Nevermind. I see in the rules you can only claim 1 per year under the new rebate rules.

Last edited:

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Day and a half left...
Sponsored