Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Video #2 - this is OPTIONAL (you can pull the panels off for good (never cut them), or you can trim them like we show here and re-use them), for those that want to re-use the plastic panels, this video details the options for creating bracket clearance holes.

Option 1 - use our template and a 4" hole saw, easy. No need to pull the panels off. Makes install even that much easier.

Option 2 - use our template to trim a slim slot in the panels for the brackets to pass through. You need to pull the panels off, trim them, install our brackets, then re-install the plastic panels.

More to come!!!!

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Video #2 - this is OPTIONAL (you can pull the panels off for good (never cut them), or you can trim them like we show here and re-use them), for those that want to re-use the plastic panels, this video details the options for creating bracket clearance holes.

Option 1 - use our template and a 4" hole saw, easy. No need to pull the panels off. Makes install even that much easier.

Option 2 - use our template to trim a slim slot in the panels for the brackets to pass through. You need to pull the panels off, trim them, install our brackets, then re-install the plastic panels.

More to come!!!!

Awesome! Thanks so much for posting this! I can’t wait for mine, and hopefully it comes soon! Thanks again for listening to our feedback

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

More to come!!!!

Option 1 is tempting, but I think option 2 will protect the underside better.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Option 1 is tempting, but I think option 2 will protect the underside better.
Gang - Keep in mind, these outer plastic covers don't really protect anything - they are flimsy plastic, and really only exist to make the bottom of the truck smoother for aero. The panels are not sealed, not water proof, or anything like that.

These small 'outer' access panels are also the least important aero areas, due to being aligned directly in the turbulent wash of the front tires. Meanwhile, the center of the truck underside is most important, from an aero perspective, and it remains intact & untouched.

The difference in 'protection' between a round cutout and a precision slot cutout is going to be practically zero. Equally, the difference in 'aero range impact' between a round cutout and a precision slot....going to be indistinguishable. From a protection perspective, the running board brackets provide protection, being that they are made from steel - not plastic. So you gain that, where the slip through the plastic.

All this said, we know some customers will like the idea of re-using the outer plastic panels regardless of any function, thus the options presented. You can trim them super nice and precise - if you like, or trim them fast & easily with the hole saw. The difference is really just personal preference. You'd can't see these clearance cuts unless you crawl under the truck and look up at them....and aero performance wise, you''ll never be able to measure a difference. So, do it your way, whichever way that is! Take them off and leave them off, trim them with the hole saw, or trim them precisely with a razor or whatever - all acceptable!

WoW_BaO

First Name
BAO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1T
Occupation
HVAC
Looking to buy soon, will you guys be doing a forum or group discount?
Thanks

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Thanks
You’ve already missed that with the preorder period. Preorder pricing included free shipping.

EV Sportline may offer sales from time to time, though.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Gang - Keep in mind, these outer plastic covers don't really protect anything - they are flimsy plastic, and really only exist to make the bottom of the truck smoother for aero. The panels are not sealed, not water proof, or anything like that.

These small 'outer' access panels are also the least important aero areas, due to being aligned directly in the turbulent wash of the front tires. Meanwhile, the center of the truck underside is most important, from an aero perspective, and it remains intact & untouched.

The difference in 'protection' between a round cutout and a precision slot cutout is going to be practically zero. Equally, the difference in 'aero range impact' between a round cutout and a precision slot....going to be indistinguishable. From a protection perspective, the running board brackets provide protection, being that they are made from steel - not plastic. So you gain that, where the slip through the plastic.

All this said, we know some customers will like the idea of re-using the outer plastic panels regardless of any function, thus the options presented. You can trim them super nice and precise - if you like, or trim them fast & easily with the hole saw. The difference is really just personal preference. You'd can't see these clearance cuts unless you crawl under the truck and look up at them....and aero performance wise, you''ll never be able to measure a difference. So, do it your way, whichever way that is! Take them off and leave them off, trim them with the hole saw, or trim them precisely with a razor or whatever - all acceptable!
Any idea on how much of a range hit with the running boards?

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Thanks
Read the thread (I know, it's 50 pages long! LOL), but from what I can remember, the pre-order price is still currently discounted from what it will be once they are officially in production. They started at $799.95. They're now up to $849.95 (For running boards). Production, appears will be officially underway as of next week, so you probably have a few days to get an order in at the still discounted price. Appears that it still includes free shipping. That too, I believe, goes away once they are officially in production. So anyone that wants them for less, probably only has a few days to get their pre-orders in. I'm sure 1EV will chime in with more accurate details.

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
Read the thread (I know, it's 50 pages long! LOL), but from what I can remember, the pre-order price is still currently discounted from what it will be once they are officially in production. They started at $799.95. They're now up to $849.95 (For running boards). Production, appears will be officially underway as of next week, so you probably have a few days to get an order in at the still discounted price. Appears that it still includes free shipping. That too, I believe, goes away once they are officially in production. So anyone that wants them for less, probably only has a few days to get their pre-orders in. I'm sure 1EV will chime in with more accurate details.
I thought pre order was only till the end of the year, 2022 Hope I am wrong !

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I thought pre order was only till the end of the year, 2022 Hope I am wrong !
If you go their site, they're $849.95 and when checking out, says free shipping. I think the end of the year was their original plan, but that was before making changes that resulted in delays. So appears they extended the "pre-order" time until such time that they're in full production. I don't recall for certain, but $995 rings a bell as to what the price will increase to, plus the free shipping will go away, I think.

Sponsored

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
If you go their site, they're $849.95 and when checking out, says free shipping. I think the end of the year was their original plan, but that was before making changes that resulted in delays. So appears they extended the "pre-order" time until such time that they're in full production. I don't recall for certain, but $995 rings a bell as to what the price will increase to, plus the free shipping will go away, I think.
Glad I ordered when I did to avoid confusion! Ordered Nov. 10th.

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
First day order holder! Hopefully you'll make the first cut of orders shipped. Assuming you ordered just running boards?
Yes just runningboards. Will have installed in Van Nuys.

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Me too! Looks like you'll be just ahead of me. I ordered very early on the 11th. Hoping to make the first cut!
Me too. Keep your fingers crossed !
Sponsored