Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

What was the key difference between the R1S and T models? I know the wheelbase is shorter on the S.

Also best recommendation/template for cutting the slots?
The S is much shorter. We have templates for both T and S!
Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I'm order #4100s...I assume most of the orders are for Ts...hopeful the S ones have their own backlog which will get tackled in parallel.
We are plowing away on backorders, and R1S will begin shipping in late march!

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I'm order #4100s...I assume most of the orders are for Ts...hopeful the S ones have their own backlog which will get tackled in parallel.
Gang, those order numbers are a bit irrelevant :)

Test Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
HR
Good to hear, those of us that have been waiting 4 months have no idea when they will be shipped. Cant get a delivery estimate, was Jan, then Feb, we are getting close to the end of March, no word, just order is awaiting fulfillment. s00n is a very subjective term.

I still wonder what will be delivered first, the running boards or the non-existent manual tonneau cover.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Good to hear, those of us that have been waiting 4 months have no idea when they will be shipped. Cant get a delivery estimate, was Jan, then Feb, we are getting close to the end of March, no word, just order is awaiting fulfillment. s00n is a very subjective term.

I still wonder what will be delivered first, the running boards or the non-existent manual tonneau cover.
We have shipped a lot of running boards - and we continue to many & ship every week, those are catching up. The slider design has been refined, based on testing and install learnings - while the timeline has slipped, the product design, functionality, and quality is absolutely amazing - nothing else is ever close. Everyone who pre-order has received the benefit of pre-order price and shipping discounts - some early pre-orders have saved as much as $400-500, depending of location and shipping charge; this is our gesture of thanks and appreciation for those that have patiently waited for the BEST! We feel it is better to make people wait, rather than rush the parts and have early customers miss-out on the improvements.

The tonneau is on track as scheduled....our tonneau that is! ha ha.

Sponsored

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Curious if anyone has received their grommets yet to try out

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I hope the running boards come in pairs because I just put in my order. Also ordered a set of the magnetic jack pucks.
I ordered on November 13, 2022. Last week the running boards arrived at my house. Wow, the packaging was extensive. I saved the box, which was a smart idea because I used it as a mat when I installed the passenger side yesterday. My under 5ft. wife was very pleased with it. She could get in/out of the truck without the little step stool I've been carrying around.

I took off the plastic pieces and left them off. The rear panel had double sided tape holding it in place as well as the tabs talked about in the install video.

The install wasn't difficult at all. It really helped to have an impact gun to remove the bolts from the truck. 100 ft. pounds is a tight bold.

I had a couple of brackets that didn't quite fit. The 2 furthest back. I took my angle grinder and removed the little bit of plastic that the brackets were hitting.

I took a few photos, which I'll post tomorrow as it's time for bed now.

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
@EV Sportline, are the order numbers not in the actual order they were placed or are you prioritizing them a different way? A bit confused with this comment. One would think you’d do this sequentially with the exceptions being maybe the first handful you wanted to do close to your shops. While you’ve been good at communicating through the development of these products on this thread, communication on delivery/shipment seems to be non existent for people. While the early preorders appreciate you reminding us how much we’re saving on free delivery, let us not forget the original, aggressive estimation of deliveries going out by end of last year. You’ve got to be able to provide at least a 2-3 week shipment window for all preorders at this point, right? Why not email that out to ease people’s minds about when to expect them?

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

So when?! I hear you!!!! We are machining tooling now (this is not a simple quickie). I expect we'll start shipping production in late March.
Thanks for all the updates and the video of the sliders vs the forklift! Is everything still on schedule? Or we looking at April now?

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Thanks for all the updates and the video of the sliders vs the forklift! Is everything still on schedule? Or we looking at April now?
pushing to ship the first of the sliders in March, but only a few of the earliest orders will get parts shipping in March.

That said, we've refined the design to make it shippable! The last iteration was too big and heavy to ship UPS/FedEx, meaning it was truck freight - which is a real challenge for most all customers. With these updates, as you'd expect from us, we also improved the design further. The underside aero armor got that much better - our engineering team is simply amazing! Thanks for the patience gang - you will be satisfied!

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Meanwhile, in R1S news...these are in production and will also start shipping in March. BTW, we refined our black-out it, check the c-pillar now....much better. Looks sweet!

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_6742

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

@EV Sportline, are the order numbers not in the actual order they were placed or are you prioritizing them a different way? A bit confused with this comment. One would think you’d do this sequentially with the exceptions being maybe the first handful you wanted to do close to your shops. While you’ve been good at communicating through the development of these products on this thread, communication on delivery/shipment seems to be non existent for people. While the early preorders appreciate you reminding us how much we’re saving on free delivery, let us not forget the original, aggressive estimation of deliveries going out by end of last year. You’ve got to be able to provide at least a 2-3 week shipment window for all preorders at this point, right? Why not email that out to ease people’s minds about when to expect them?
All I meant is there are other orders mixed into those orders, so the numbers are not a direct counter of running board orders - make sense? We are shipping from oldest to newest, that is correct! We have shipped a lot of running board orders, and we ship a lot more every week - not everyone is on this forum, not do all forum members feel compelled to post - which is fine. Timing is not perfect on predicting when parts ship, as not everything is controllable. We do the best we can - thanks again for the patience!

Phwalker

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 2020 Subaru Ascent, 2019 GMC 3500 HD
Occupation
Retired
pushing to ship the first of the sliders in March, but only a few of the earliest orders will get parts shipping in March.

That said, we've refined the design to make it shippable! The last iteration was too big and heavy to ship UPS/FedEx, meaning it was truck freight - which is a real challenge for most all customers. With these updates, as you'd expect from us, we also improved the design further. The underside aero armor got that much better - our engineering team is simply amazing! Thanks for the patience gang - you will be satisfied!
There are still a lot of questions about the sliders. When will we see complete pictures of the final design? Removable Treads? Same length as running board? Installation instructions? Final weight? Every post seems to mention more design changes.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

There are still a lot of questions about the sliders. When will we see complete pictures of the final design? Removable Treads? Same length as running board? Installation instructions? Final weight? Every post seems to mention more design changes.
I can see that point. It seems like endless changes, but reality is not. I’ve answered the same questions over and over, so each time it seems like more - when I’m just answering the same thing over and over.

To clarify:

First design change - we learned differences in Rivians we had to account for. Not all Rivians are the same.

Second design change - integration of skid plate and installation “easing” tweaks.

Note, both of these first two changes happened at the same time, a while back.

Third design change:

Revisions relating to packaging (must remain shippable!). Skid plate aerodynamic and install improvements. Really innovative stuff.

The design is locked now. We are tooling and building production samples. When those are show worthy, we will post. Trust me we are moving fast as possible. This is not a quick and easy process. Design, function, quality are unmatched.

thx

Phwalker

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 2020 Subaru Ascent, 2019 GMC 3500 HD
Occupation
Retired
I can see that point. It seems like endless changes, but reality is not. I’ve answered the same questions over and over, so each time it seems like more - when I’m just answering the same thing over and over.

To clarify:

First design change - we learned differences in Rivians we had to account for. Not all Rivians are the same.

Second design change - integration of skid plate and installation “easing” tweaks.

Note, both of these first two changes happened at the same time, a while back.

Third design change:

Revisions relating to packaging (must remain shippable!). Skid plate aerodynamic and install improvements. Really innovative stuff.

The design is locked now. We are tooling and building production samples. When those are show worthy, we will post. Trust me we are moving fast as possible. This is not a quick and easy process. Design, function, quality are unmatched.

thx
Thank you for your quick response. Still some open questions about tread plate attachment, weight and tread size compared to the running boards. Hopefully your pictures will reveal more. Especially if you post side by side pics of both products.
Sponsored