Sponsored

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Surprised to see so many complaints from the Rivian crowd over timing. Most of us waited YEARS to get the truck. A few months for parts should be nothing to you.

Naturally, they want to sell as many as they can and as quickly as they can. That's how they make money. But, it takes time. Assuming they don't have a 1,000,000 square foot production wharehouse producing a million units a week, it takes a little longer for niche markets like Rivian.

Many companies won't take on building products for Rivian because the market is so small. If 1% of the Rivian owners respond to a particular product, that means investing a fortune in creating a product to appeal to 250 customers. Ford sells 1,000,000 trucks per year. Companies are happy to mass produce items for those. For Rivian, we need smaller companies like TSportline to step up, which they have.

Naturally, we all want what we want and we want it now. But giving them a hard time about timing isn't going to speed up how long it takes to produce items. We need to be happy that they are at least producing them and with a little patience, everyone will get theirs in a reasonable period of time. A few months really isn't all that long in the grand scheme of things.

I'm appreciative that they offered the running boards at a very reasonable price. I don't believe, to date, anyone else has sold and delivered such a product. If not for EV1, I'd still have no running boards, nor would anyone else. You might be in line for ones that cost twice as much, but I'm thankful that they are delivering them and they will come soon.

Because the market is so small, most companies charge a lot more to build products for a niche market. Tsportline is doing so at prices competitive with similar items for mass market trucks.

So, thank you guys for doing all you can do. Look forward to seeing what's next.
@kizamybute' , I think this biggest issue here is just the pure lack of communication. Yes, thank god I'm on this forum, or I'd be in a blackhole of communication, but most people probably aren't. Add to that, preorders were charged entirely upfront so for some of the earliest preorders, they've now been out upwards of $1,000 or more for something they still don't have after 4 months as opposed to being charged maybe $100 and then the rest upon shipment. Unless you've reached out to the company yourself, they've provided (I think) one mass email update to all preorders and even then that went to spam it sounds like for many people. One would think they could start to provide more precise shipment dates for anyone who preordered by sending them emails and not relying on those customers to reach out. Simply put, communication is key when you're dealing with shifting timelines and holding on to people's money. Being proactive in communication is always far better than being reactive.
Sponsored

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
I waited nearly 3-years for my truck. And I love that one. The wait was worth it! But I won't wait long for any Rivian mods.

My order number for running boards is Jan 9, 2023 No. #2442. What is my estimated shipping date for the running boards?

Thank you,
John
[RUNNING BOARDS UPDATE: 3/27/2023] Also, edited to correct my order Number: #2442.

I just received an email this morning that my Running Boards were shipped via FedX. Would expect to get them in maybe a week. I'm not sure what method jet I'm gong to use to install them. I'm lucky to have a very skilled nephew whose a car guy with some great insight for projects like this. And he's offered to help me put these on when they arrive.

So far he said he was leaning toward a method of keeping the opening slots "narrow" to minimize the openings underneath and to help keep aerodynamics intact and the slots from ingesting to much water and dirt.

Anyway, just wanted to give some positive feedback to this group, and say a Big Thank You to EV Sportline for cranking all these orders out as quickly as they can. It's very much appreciated! I'll post pictures when the boards arrive and we get them on.

Last edited:

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

A bit bored before work. Decided to map out drill points. Driver side should be 1 be one drill point. Center panel has one drill point. Front if panel to edge of paper is 20 cm.

Rear panel has 2? Drill points. One at front edge had panel start. The other is 3 cm from back of panel to paper edge.

Assume passenger side is same.

Add on - bought the 4" hole saw from ev sports, how do I shorten the pilot to drill to the correct lenght ?

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_3357

Last edited:

AleCS

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi SQ5
Occupation
Business Owner
I received mine in VT so not location specific. I think they are just trying to get through the backlog and everyone needs to be patient. My order was #2064, 11/14/2022 order.
interesting. I have order 2051 in Seattle and no response on chat or email. On February 22nd they told me that they would ship in 7-10days. It’s been a month and nothing. Any clue @EV Sportline?

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
interesting. I have order 2051 in Seattle and no response on chat or email. On February 22nd they told me that they would ship in 7-10days. It’s been a month and nothing. Any clue @EV Sportline?
I'm sure you'll get yours with a shipping confirmation really soon!

Sponsored

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

@EV Sportline do your carbon mud flaps interfere with the sliders?

Last edited:
OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Wililye

First Name
Changwoo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, NV3500
Occupation
Restaurant owner
Just ordered.. for my wife's r1s coming april.. order #44xx... :oops:

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Just ordered.. for my wife's r1s coming april.. order #44xx... :oops:
Thx! BTW, don't sweat that number - it's not a direct line of running board orders ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Any more updates on the sliders?
yes, been busy making tooling, but will post updates once we have that wrapped - will try and get some pics and details gathered to share!

Rblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Finally got my boards installed today! I have some photos, and information about the 4" grommets. (TLDR: they won't work!)

First, some finished photos!
Thank you for this write-up, our running boards are due in this week and I've already ordered the hole saw kit you shared. I plan to use your post as a reference. Also, knowing the grommets don't fit as expected is helpful; so I won't order them (shoutout to @EV Sportline !)

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Instructions also linked on the product page, in this tread, on the videos....thanks gang!
@EV Sportline , I received the kit this afternoon, but it's missing the TP55 and T20 bits. I looked everywhere. So now it's unpacked in my garage and I can't install it. Can you please send me those? I can't get the TP55 locally. My order is #2470. Thanks.

Edit - box was in fine shape. Everything was fine except no TP55 and no T20 bits.

Last edited:

Kodakbyd

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self employed
I preordered mine early Feb and asked if they had an eta. Got an email stating they would have most of the preorders full filled by the end of next month(March). Guess that’s not happening

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
The website now says June for new slider orders 😬
Sponsored