Sponsored

Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members...

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Hi Everyone,

New to the forums here. Been lurking the past couple of weeks and decided to finally join in.

Not completely new to the EV club. Currently own and driving a 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL. Previous had a fully spec'd out 2020 Tacoma.

I had originally pre-ordered/reserved a R1T in December 2021. I was putting some heavy miles on the Tacoma driving around LA for work and the price of gas was killing me. Once I figured out I was not going to be getting a Rivian any time soon I decided to cancel and settled for the Ioniq 5. I have honestly loved every moment of it, but always had that longing for the R1T. Just missed that feeling of being in a truck. We also do a lot of camping in and around the Sierra mountains so the Tacoma had been awesome.

I decided to bite the bullet again and go with what I really wanted in the first place. I put in a new reservation in January of this year, fully expecting to not hear anything for a year....or more.
My mind was blown when I got the email from Rivian, while on vacation this month, that I was invited to configure. I was absolutely giddy.

So my R1T is configured, VIN and guide assigned and working on my 8 steps. Confirmed with my guide a few days ago that the truck is still at the plant and waiting on final checks before being shipped to the SC in El Segundo. Guide says it will probably take 4-8 weeks.

It's honestly all I think about now and eagerly awaiting that delivery ready email!
Welcome back to the party and congrats! I ordered the same time you originally did, did not cancel in between and mine is close to shipping as well. So you didn’t really miss any time at all while enjoying your Ioniq 5!
Sponsored

BuchRivian

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Morning Everyon - I just took delivery of my R1S yesterday afternoon - nearly 3.5 years after my initial order! This is my first EV so I’m sure I’ll be asking lot of questions that will make everyone’s eyes roll. Like - is there an iPhone case that works better on the console charging mat than mine that almost seems like it’s on ice it’s moving so much?
Anyway - loving it thus far and looking forward to putting it through its paces and learning from all of you.
Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... BD47F1C4-EA23-471F-B8C6-5E1E3DE572B9

Simplejack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Out with the Gladiator (which was awesome in its own right) and in with the R1T. 1st EV picked up Thursday, went from dallas to Austin to Houston for 3 day road trip family visit. Got hailed on once - drove threw 1 tornado warning yesterday not intentionally just horrible luck-, side ways rain twice. Walked away with 3 small hail dents, 3 new EV charging Apps and an appreciation for this truck especially on wide open back country roads.

Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... 20230330_091638

Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... 20230402_184832