nothing. probably Jan. 31 if they even make it this month

bavhtrd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Nissan Leaf, 2006 BMW M5, 2000 GMC Yukon XL
We had a Jan-Feb estimate in November (Feb '19 R1S pre-order). Mid-November we got our guide assigned and were asked to confirm config. We made one change (wheels) and it went to 'pending'. This week got the email to start the 8-step process and went through stage 6, at stage 7 now just waiting to schedule delivery.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
So being stupid and not learning about Rivian, I tried to predict this.

I looked at the last update which I recieved on Friday 10/28/2022 at 437 PM.

Then I said, well they will be better at this process so I it will be before then - WRONG

Then I thought, maybe they want to do it on the last Friday so they give their guides and customer service a quiet weekend before the wailing and gnashing of teeth begins on Monday.

But now it is Saturday the 28th at 313 PM and I have nothing. So maybe they will wait until 1/31, like someone posted that his/her/its guide mentioned.

That sure was a long post to say I haven't received anything and don't know when I will.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I expect Monday to give customer service / guides a break from the onslaught of call's they'll get if orders are pushed back further!!

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
My guess would be Friday Feb 3rd

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Guessing we will get an update on the 31st to explain that the updates are delayed.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Guessing we will get an update on the 31st to explain that the updates are delayed.
If we would have learned anything, we would have known that the announced January update is actually an announcement in January of when they will next update the delivery estimates.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
No way they would do mid week announcement. It will be influx of calls if they do.

Sponsored

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
sOOn
We are ramping production. More updates to come sOOn. We will release updates every 3 months. Next update end of April. Stay tuned. Rivian

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Rivian did provide a delivery update.

Incase every one missed it, it was the stories about their second shift. In Rivian world that technically counts as a delivery update:rock:

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
So Kyle documents one instance but says its happening more and more frequently? Burden is on Kyle Conner to support his claim with facts of frequent occurences, otherwise IMO it's fake news.

Similar crap is happening in the 3D Printing forums. Claims that houses "are burning down everywhere" due to overheated printer hot ends, but you can only find one or two actual instances of houses buning down.

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

So Kyle documents one instance but says its happening more and more frequently? Burden is on Kyle Conner to support his claim with facts of frequent occurences, otherwise IMO it's fake news.

Similar crap is happening in the 3D Printing forums. Claims that houses "are burning down everywhere" due to overheated printer hot ends, but you can only find one or two actual instances of houses buning down.
To be fair, he says "EVs" in general, not Rivians specifically. I read some of the comments and someone posted "wondering if this is the same issue that fried so-and-so's mustang EV"
Sponsored