Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Happy camper
Clubs

I’m piecing together bad news for me. i was not aware that Rivian had updated their Service Center map back in December 2022 (from the original IPO maps) and now gone is the Pensacola Fl Center from planned development. This would have been the closest to my location and this together with today’s updates from Rivian I am gathering that my R1s order is not happening anytime soon… for possibly years. I hope I am wrong but I’, not holding my breathe at this point. my previous estimate was “2024” but now even that seems unlikely.
Sponsored

FrictionlessLube

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 WRX, ‘20 Forester
Clubs

Jan-Feb now Mar-April, bummer but this gives me more time to pay off some current debt before taking on this payment.

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
Wow, this thread exploded like 20+ more pages since yesterday... I haven't read most new posts to get the correct since of wind blowing direction.

My R1S went from "2024" to July-Sept 2023. So I'm pleased about that but don't mean to rub salt into people's wounds.

R1S config in my sig.
my preorder was 1/24/23. Plan on doing normal pack. I wonder what my expected delivery is going to be. Prob mid/late 2024?
WOOOOO

Galluprivian

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Teacher
Hopefully some hope for New Mexicans: I have two R1S reservations (the first being 12/19). I just got a delivery estimate of July-september 2023 for the launch edition with another email saying that sorry we can't deliver the other reservation (not LE) because I live far from a SC. My father in law that also lives in Gallup, NM also just got his truck serviced here in Gallup by a mobile Rivian service guy. He got his R1T in June. I'm happy to at least not be processing for one of the R1S's.

Sponsored

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
Estimated May-June 2023, Max pack R1T-still configured as quad.

…so I guess I’m in the front of the line for the new Dual Max pack deliveries.

Last edited:

dingdongbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Booked R1T - 04/22
Changed to R1S - 10/22

Current Estimate Showing 01/24 - 06/24 [Broader time range]

Not happy - not sure if i will pursue to move or move to Polestar

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Pushed back from April-June to July - September.
Seriously considering being done with this company and keeping our Raptor until the CT is out.

timmer

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Delivery window from R1S (White/Ocean) just updated from April-June 2023 to April-May 2023 on 1/31/23 at 8:00pm. Original deposit made September 2019.

jekadad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, 1972 MGB, Mercedes E350, Ford p/u
Occupation
Retired
My estimate is going to stay at “processing estimate”. Likely due to the fact I live on the northern gulf coast and the nearest SC is Atlanta. While I’d like an estimate, I’m not upset for a number of reasons.
1. We’re getting ready to build a new home.
2. This gives rivian a much longer time frame to work out bugs.
3. More time to see how the economy works out.
The only downside is I plan to sell my Tesla Model 3 to my son when I do, finally, get my R1S. He won’t be a happy camper.
Ordered 2/22 just before the price went up. Limestone w/OC, standard wheels.
Your opinion will likely be different from mine and that’s ok.

Sponsored

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
I know a dude posted not long ago about how he 'gamed the system' for some crazy fast delivery period. I'm not that guy. I will share what I did in the past 4-6 weeks so others can try it and see if it reduces delivery time on the next update. At the time my motivations were sincere and not specifically aimed at manipulating the delivery outcome other than to assume an R1T would come along way faster than waiting for an R1S next year.

In early Dec. I legitimately had motivations to switch from a R1S order to R1T so I did so with a formal Config change. Within a week a Guide did the "confirm configuration" thing. Around Christmas I got a kind of phantom buyer's remorse and decided to switch the same pre-order back to an R1S. I emailed my guide and she made the changes within a day without pause or seeking explanation. Right when it became an R1T order (for that short period) it said "Processing estimate" for delivery and never updated until today, well after the flip-flop back to R1S.

Perhaps this switch-a-roo made a difference somehow.
When you made the initial reservation, did you even know they were producing R1T first? I made mine 2 years ago and had no clue, went with the R1S but in hindsight should've reserved both knowing I'd get the R1T first and then flip it for the R1S later. Between that and keeping my IPO, I made endless mistakes with Rivian :headbang: Now I have to decide whether to change my config to what I really want and watch it get pushed back to 2024.

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Subaru Outback
Estimated May-June 2023, Max pack-still configured as quad.
Wow, R1S or T?

I switched from Max Pack Quad R1T to Large Pack R1S in Dec in hopes it would pull my delivery date from "2024" to sometime in 1H 2023...alas, my new delivery window is Q4 2023. *sad*

Current config: R1S Adventure, Forest Green/black interior, 20" ATs

Preorder placed Nov 2021 (not long after the quoted above...)

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

Was Feb-March and now July-September. Bummer.

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
Wow, R1S or T?

I switched from Max Pack Quad R1T to Large Pack R1S in Dec in hopes it would pull my delivery date from "2024" to sometime in 1H 2023...alas, my new delivery window is Q4 2023. *sad*

Current config: R1S Adventure, Forest Green/black interior, 20" ATs

Preorder placed Nov 2021 (not long after the quoted above...)
R1T
Sponsored