Reaction score
Website
www.worldcomposting.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Subaru Ascent
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I've done two First Drives, one near my home where they picked me up and one in Brooklyn. The Brooklyn one was terrible because the traffic is endless and there are 25 mph speed cameras everywhere. It's not Rivian's fault but their location in Brooklyn make test drives a waste of time for people coming all that way. If you're local or plan to test stop and go traffic then it's terrific but don't expect to do a lot more than that.
Haha I figured Brookyn would be a horrible place for a test drive. I have been trying to grab one in DC but all the R1S times have been booked up. Granted I keep debating on switching to an R1T so maybe I should just grab one of those slots.
Sponsored

clcbjc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tahoe and Z07
This company is so weird. I checked my account now and I have processing estimate and a green bar with access to the shop. Checked my emails, don't see anything that I had access. Of course it is zero available right now but unless my exact build is present, I wont pull the trigger. I wish they would just build mine though...

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
I live in northern MD near PA and right now the First Drive is linked to Brooklyn SC which I haven't done yet because I have no desire to make the trip up and back which will cost hundreds no matter how I travel. I have tried to get one closer but no open timeslots.
. . .
Regarding the First Mile ride, have you tried contacting your Guide, assuming you have one? Mine was instrumental in changing my First Mile from Brooklyn to Richmond. If you don't yet have a guide, you can try asking customer support about the possibility of having one assigned. I've yet to hear a positive experience about a Brooklyn-based First Mile drive. That's not a dig at Brooklyn, just the reality of a test drive in one of the most densely populated places on earth.

Are you saying I could add a second address for delivery that would be further south and get attached to the Richmond SC? That would probably have less people than NYC and surrounding area.
Short answer is yes, but if you are in MD, you should already be out of the Brooklyn SC area. My Guide (who's actually my third, but I digress . . ) told me the dividing line was the Delaware border. While you can change your address regarding Rivian delivery, keep in my that the service center you're assigned to is based on your permanent address.

In my case, while I can use a DE for delivery, because I'm in PA, am still tied to the Brooklyn SC. I'm hoping that by the time I get my R1S, one of the planned service centers in NJ are open. My understanding is that Brooklyn is very busy and as a result, has tried to cut back on home deliveries of new vehicles. I would also not be surprised if Brooklyn is also limiting mobile service.

My worst fear is that I will need to go to Brooklyn for service on multiple occasions because their mobile units are overwhelmed. Getting there from SE PA is a costly nightmare; over 120 miles each way, much of it in very heavy traffic with a number of rather expensive tolls thrown in to ensure what can often be a nearly four-hour driving experience is as unpleasant as possible. Again, not a dig at Brooklyn, it's not their fault. The reality is that having to go to another state in the first place is only due to PA shortsightedness in essentially banning non-dealer sales of automobiles.

This company is so weird. I checked my account now and I have processing estimate and a green bar with access to the shop. Checked my emails, don't see anything that I had access. Of course it is zero available right now but unless my exact build is present, I wont pull the trigger. I wish they would just build mine though...
I've had on-again, off-again R1 Shop access for the better part of a year. On only one occasion did Rivian send an email notifying me of access; the other times it just happened.

As far as offerings in the R1 Shop, they vary a lot day to day. I've seen more than 30 on quite a few occasions, but there have been some long stretches where you were greeted with "We're all out for now, please check back later. We refresh inventory daily."

Just a few days ago, my access to the Shop was restored after a stretch of nearly two months without it (due probably to me re-configuring my order). The first day, there were two R1S's in the Shop, blue Adventure editions, one with 21" wheels, the other 22". The combination with 21" wheels must not be very appealing because that vehicle is still in the Shop, its lone offering since yesterday morning, and so three days without a taker.

I'm with you on holding out for your exact build; that's precisely what I'm now doing. My web account has said "Processing estimate" for some time now but I suspect that will change at the end of this quarter when Rivian updates deliveries.

Last edited:

clcbjc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tahoe and Z07
I'm with you on holding out for your exact build; that's precisely what I'm now doing. My web account has said "Processing estimate" for some time now but I suspect that will change at the end of this quarter when Rivian updates deliveries.
I chatted with them this morning and apparently they assigned a "guide" to me two days ago and production is still scheduled for Aug - Sept.

EricM

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lucid Air Grand Touring, ā€˜23 Corvette HTC Z51
Clubs

Regarding the First Mile ride, have you tried contacting your Guide, assuming you have one? Mine was instrumental in changing my First Mile from Brooklyn to Richmond. If you don't yet have a guide, you can try asking customer support about the possibility of having one assigned. I've yet to hear a positive experience about a Brooklyn-based First Mile drive. That's not a dig at Brooklyn, just the reality of a test drive in one of the most densely populated places on earth.

Short answer is yes, but if you are in MD, you should already be out of the Brooklyn SC area. My Guide (who's actually my third, but I digress . . ) told me the dividing line was the Delaware border. While you can change your address regarding Rivian delivery, keep in my that the service center you're assigned to is based on your permanent address.

In my case, while I can use a DE for delivery, because I'm in PA, am still tied to the Brooklyn SC. I'm hoping that by the time I get my R1S, one of the planned service centers in NJ are open. My understanding is that Brooklyn is very busy and as a result, has tried to cut back on home deliveries of new vehicles. I would also not be surprised if Brooklyn is also limiting mobile service.

My worst fear is that I will need to go to Brooklyn for service on multiple occasions because their mobile units are overwhelmed. Getting there from SE PA is a costly nightmare; over 120 miles each way, much of it in very heavy traffic with a number of rather expensive tolls thrown in to ensure what can often be a nearly four-hour driving experience is as unpleasant as possible. Again, not a dig at Brooklyn, it's not their fault. The reality is that having to go to another state in the first place is only due to PA shortsightedness in essentially banning non-dealer sales of automobiles.

I've had on-again, off-again R1 Shop access for the better part of a year. On only one occasion did Rivian send an email notifying me of access; the other times it just happened.

As far as offerings in the R1 Shop, they vary a lot day to day. I've seen more than 30 on quite a few occasions, but there have been some long stretches where you were greeted with "We're all out for now, please check back later. We refresh inventory daily."

Just a few days ago, my access to the Shop was restored after a stretch of nearly two months without it (due probably to me re-configuring my order). The first day, there were two R1S's in the Shop, blue Adventure editions, one with 21" wheels, the other 22". The combination with 21" wheels must not be very appealing because that vehicle is still in the Shop, its lone offering since yesterday morning, and so three days without a taker.

I took a blue/OC/21ā€ config from the shop a couple of weeks ago and took delivery this week. I must say that the blue is striking in person (itā€™s actually metallic). It wasnā€™t my first choice when selecting, but after seeing it in person, it certainly would be.

Rivian R1T R1S Just got invited to R1 Shop for my R1S... Questions IMG_9071

Sponsored

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
Your R1S looks great @EricM - best of luck with the new vehicle. I've seen the blue in the flesh, but on the R1T. It looks good on the pickup but IMO, it looks even better on the S.

Someone out there obviously also agrees: the blue S with the 21 inchers was gone when I checked the Shop this morning.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We got access to the R1 Shop after 4 1/2 years, only after changing our address to our son's in Jacksonville, Florida. We wanted to take Factory Delivery of our R1T. Our only non-negotiable item was the color. It had to be Rivian Blue. There were two Rivian Blue orphans at the Factory when we first looked. One had 20" wheels, and the other had 22's. We really wanted the 21's.
We held off overnight and, lo and behold, the next morning there was an orphan Rivian Blue R1T in our exact configuration that had just rolled off the assembly line. Needless to say, we jumped right on it. We took Factory Delivery and got the factory tour.

We now have over 2,000 miles on Opal (the R1T's name) and are very pleased. W make up places to go just to take her out and fight over who gets to drive.

Brian

Rivian R1T R1S Just got invited to R1 Shop for my R1S... Questions DSC_0010.JPG

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Does the factory produce R1 vehicles 7 days a week?

izgoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ID.4 Model Y
I just got the email invite to the R1S Shop and see they're moving quickly... Can someone that's been through the process offer some insight?

How often does this inventory update? Range is what's most important to me so I really want the 21" tires... which for some reason they don't have many of in the list.

What is your experience on delivery time? When do you start the Trade-in process?

All the best!!

Thanks in advance!

-Jared
When did you reserve?

ufdlim

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Product Manager
Does anyone know if there are anymore launch green R1Ts recently in the shop? I saw length of LG R1S but my ideal config is LG R1T with ATs. The pricing on LG R1S is very good though.

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Does anyone know if there are anymore launch green R1Ts recently in the shop? I saw length of LG R1S but my ideal config is LG R1T with ATs. The pricing on LG R1S is very good though.
There were 3 Launch Green R1Tā€™s in the Shop last week but none currently.

ufdlim

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Product Manager
There were 3 Launch Green R1Tā€™s in the Shop last week but none currently.
Amazing intel, thanks! Iā€™ll keep an eye out. Just got access and didnā€™t want to settle if I did t have to.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Amazing intel, thanks! Iā€™ll keep an eye out. Just got access and didnā€™t want to settle if I did t have to.
Iā€™ll be curious if you still see the R1T in LG. I would think they are through most of the LE R1Ts, I wonder how many more LGs will be made? There are already way more than I expected to see, thought it would be a much more limited color.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Iā€™ll be curious if you still see the R1T in LG. I would think they are through most of the LE R1Ts, I wonder how many more LGs will be made? There are already way more than I expected to see, thought it would be a much more limited color.
There are currently (as of 6/8/2023) 3 Launch Edition R1T's in the Shop right now. All are Glacier White. @ufdlim might get lucky. Like I said, there were 3 Launch Greens last week.

tjp74

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 MB AMG C43 Conv, 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2
Occupation
Boeing
I had a brief shop access from 5pm yesterday to around 11am this morning. Saw 1 black LE R1T but no LGs but I was focusin on R1S so I may have missed another color LE but definitely 0 LG R1T. Even LG R1S are increasingly rare right now... may be 1 a day? saw two, snatched 1 LG with FE within a minute of showing up this morning. other one with BM yesterday stayed on for like 10 min and gone.
Sponsored