Sponsored

Latest VIN check R1T. What is the real production rate...

Thud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Any recent deliveries seeing similar issues to what's in this video?
Calling out some instances where build quality is getting worse as production ramps up.

Panel gaps don't look any worse than what I'm used to with my current and previous Tesla, but there are other issues like dents/ripples in the A-pillar, bed storage not latching properly, cracked wood trim, etc.
Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Calling out some instances where build quality is getting worse as production ramps up.

Panel gaps don't look any worse than what I'm used to with my current and previous Tesla, but there are other issues like dents/ripples in the A-pillar, bed storage not latching properly, cracked wood trim, etc.
Some of the gaps are bad but not much worse than I've seen my other manufacturer. I agree the ripples are more troubling as too the wood cracks. There was also the recent post of a R1T missing the driver's side emblems which seems like a quality control miss.

The cynic in me thinks the video is mostly to promote jeans.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I'm glad that's not my truck. Other than the charging cover not being aligned and the top applique being deformed, I don't have any of the QC issues that this truck shows...which is a lot.

I've had a few issues for sure, but nothing like that truck has.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Got a R1 store truck coming this month via my guide for a truck that’s in Normal with a vin of 129xx. I’m surprised the number is so low because if it was in the store why has no one snagged it. Config is in my signature— plus it has a spare and underbody shield— seems like a desirable configuration. If it hasn’t been in the shop until this week… I wonder why?

Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Got a R1 store truck coming this month via my guide for a truck that’s in Normal with a vin of 129xx. I’m surprised the number is so low because if it was in the store why has no one snagged it. Config is in my signature— plus it has a spare and underbody shield— seems like a desirable configuration. If it hasn’t been in the shop until this week… I wonder why?
I believe they batch/allocate the VINs based on color rather than production date

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
After seeing the OC interior with Limestone in person, the choice became a bit easier. Picked one up from the shop. VIN 16xxx

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
After seeing the OC interior with Limestone in person, the choice became a bit easier. Picked one up from the shop. VIN 16xxx
Congrats Josh! A lot of limestone in west seattle 😀

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y

I picked up VIN 139XX R1T this afternoon. No cracked dashboard wood but I did experience some panel fitment issues that the average new car buyer might not have noticed.

1) The drivers door to fender front gap is smaller at the bottom and larger at the top. It looked similar to the video but not quite as bad.
2) The driver side Gear Tunnel door has similar gap discrepancies.
3) The front hood edge to fender gap is slightly off as well.

A service ticket was produced on the spot with the assistance of the Rivian delivery rep.

I walked by a 149XX VIN R1T that was being delivered and it suffered from awful alignment between drivers side fender and hood. I don’t see how it left the assembly plant after a QC inspection.

The green SC R1S that is used for test drives had a totally misaligned frunk hood. Super tight on the passenger side, huge gap on the drivers side.

My hunch is that early employee vehicles were built with more care regarding body panel alignment, gaps, etc.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
My hunch is that early employee vehicles were built with more care regarding body panel alignment, gaps, etc.
very much the opposite.

Baldewin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
8 steps opened yesterday vin 167XX.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Rivian should be in the 17k range by years end.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson