Sponsored

Long list of issues, some were fixed more were added.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Picked up truck on 9-25-2022.

Truck had known issues. When I asked that the issues be placed on a due bill the manager told me Rivian did not do that and not to worry, Rivian would take care of it, they wanted me as a lifetime customer and would even get me another truck. After I found more issues and before the service attempt I was told their legal department said they don't have to take it back.

They pickup the truck on 11-17-2022.
The truck now has 320 miles with about 60 of them from me driving a little around town.

Lots of detail and pics here:
Original Issues

I received the truck yesterday after more than 2 months and now there are more issues and others were not fixed.

It seemed like they were in a rush to bring it and I told them if they had checked everything on my list out and it looked good they could bring it. Some items were still missing from the last work order they sent and that was after asking that they all be added.

The paint protection on the gear tunnel doors is better but still shifted to one side and in one location is already collecting dirt.
One side is like this and the other is better but still too close to the edge and collecting dirt and will soon start to peel. That edge on the gear tunnel also sticks out away from the rear door. Not sure if that is normal and why it's picking up dirt so easily?
Rivian R1T R1S Long list of issues, some were fixed more were added. NvU8AgOnCXQNDdApV-rnus6ZS4y9G30_UOeqDwPmsQYMdYJEr
Rivian R1T R1S Long list of issues, some were fixed more were added. 1674931154886

There is now a rough edge around most of both gear tunnel doors and scuff on the smaller plastic compartment doors.
Rivian R1T R1S Long list of issues, some were fixed more were added. -E4FO9M8ylwqFy_FERimrwcZQc3HxswTKwJCLEC-ndx4RSZa0A

Rivian R1T R1S Long list of issues, some were fixed more were added. P_Hw-uzfGSTZ9PlT3mghhldXDx0K3pM8REvVh_qPkx_V1pi-HQ

The small paint protection behind the front right tire is missing completely and there is a raised edge of paint where it should go. Not sure if that was already there or if it's something new.
Rivian R1T R1S Long list of issues, some were fixed more were added. HqJ_TrBKSCFPbveGbMCdZQIcRzB3NamC_j0VjcU9FU0ml6cB3A

The armrest door buttons still are randomly unresponsive and now do not open completely or smoothly and are little dirty.

There's new damage to plastic trim around the rear bumper and the covers on the gear tunnel doors. Lots of smudges I have to clean and see if they're permanent marks.

Still grease on the drivers window from inside the windows trim.
Rivian R1T R1S Long list of issues, some were fixed more were added. 1674931556095

There's now a pretty decent size gash on both sides of the center console storage area.
Rivian R1T R1S Long list of issues, some were fixed more were added. cQ59Szxph0r1TSYh8Wx9QeOhzUB3Rnju7Yt2lPMasc0yH6kEOw

Rivian R1T R1S Long list of issues, some were fixed more were added. 0nyDlQhs0zLRaJhHkw9aq06wnqRsUltw1RM98kcKroftCY_2XA

It looks like it got a little dirty inside with white powder dust in the vents and water stains on the screens and trim. I haven't had the time or heart to mess with any of that yet but hopefully it cleans off but the screens also seem to have some lite scratches in them.

There's also a new lite scratch in the hood that I did manage to see while they were there and they took pictures of that and some of the other stuff but said they didn't think Rivian was going to authorize further painting and or repairs?
Rivian R1T R1S Long list of issues, some were fixed more were added. YnyB1u6xga7_0TBOpXRmxhgHHnlgMEGDKkAtIDEAN227Po91UQ

There may be more issues but this was just what I found goin over it with them yesterday and I think they should have seen some of this also.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Finally drove it today and the firmware is stuck failed, installing. Message says I have to call support.

Can no longer can recall seat and steering positions. Says they can't be recalled until serviced.

The passenger side view mirror can no longer be adjusted.

I can make manual adjustments. Was the steering wheel adjustment timeout always so short? Even when I'm actively adjusting it, it times out and goes back to the previous screen. Also each position on the adjustment wheel/roller moves the steering wheel one small increment and ignores all input until this is seen and the steering wheel moves so it takes a very long time move it all the way in or out. I don't remember it doing that before.