First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Doubtful IMO. From what I've seen the previous two quarters is that Rivian seems to be having a pretty linear ramp up. They might not meet their ideal production goal but I have a feeling their goal was conservative and they have a good chance of making it or even exceeding it.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
This just in: Making high tech EVs is f*cking hard:asshat:

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Doubtful IMO. From what I've seen the previous two quarters is that Rivian seems to be having a pretty linear ramp up. They might not meet their ideal production goal but I have a feeling their goal was conservative and they have a good chance of making it or even exceeding it.
My estimation is just the opposite, Rivian’s forecast was optimistic and that hitting their stated target will be a stretch.

I have stated this before but ……

No Parts=No R1s. It really is that simple.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
My estimation is just the opposite, Rivian’s forecast was optimistic and that hitting their stated target will be a stretch.

I have stated this before but ……

No Parts=No R1s. It really is that simple.
Aren’t they already at 10k? They said 15k this year for the R1s. Pretty sure they can do that easily.

Sponsored

EzMev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old SUV
The new limit on the price of cap for the EV tax credit is going to hurt start-ups like Lucid if it passes....

Reactions: Rad

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Last edited:

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Rivian has produced over 10,000 R1Ts since start of production. No idea on an official number for deliveries.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
The new limit on the price of cap for the EV tax credit is going to hurt start-ups like Lucid if it passes....
True. On the upside Rivian still has a Ton of orders at pre price-gate pricing they have to fulfill and many of them meet the cap. By the time they are done with that, dual motor and small battery packs should be ready. By the time they are done with that, R2 will be ready. They will always have products that meet the cap. This may just help them stick with their promise of holding the original pricing for the reservation holders despite inflationary pressure.

Who knows, the bill may still add something to the language that removes the cap for those that have started but not finished their 200,000.

Last edited:

Sponsored

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian has produced over 10,000 R1Ts since start of production.
So that would be over 9,000 R1's for 2022, and 2000 in July alone. Do you remember where you saw that? I'd guess slightly less, but could be close.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Rivian R1T R1S Lucid slashes production forecast for 2022 1659614775361

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
All I see is a factory picture that says Congratulations for making the 1,000th Van, in your previous post this came from? Do you have a link to an article or something that mentions the 10,000 R1's? Sorry, maybe I am missing something in your post.....

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
Lucid is an interesting story. I still believe they have some of the best EV tech on the market. It seems they are struggling with quality and supply chain issues, but my biggest worry is they seem to have the wrong car at the wrong time. A $100k-$180k luxury sedan in this market seems like a risky bet. They should have started with a more affordable vehicle or SUV. In my opinion Lucid's most likely success would be to sell their skate board platform to other companies like Mercedes, Aston Martin, etc.

Rivian is going to market during a difficult time as well, but seems to be slowly growing production at least. They also have a product that no other company offers. The Lightning is similar, but so different. The CyberTruck (if it ever launches) will compete more directly with the Lightning. No other company is going after the "adventure" category in EVs. They could easily become the next Jeep / Land Rover over the next decade. The $80k-$100k price range is high, but much more affordable compared to Lucid.

Edit: FYI I had an early Lucid Air GT order but cancelled in the spring. We decided a sedan didn't fit our needs. If they had launched with their SUV (Gravity) first we would have been much more likely to have purchased.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
So that would be over 9,000 R1's for 2022, and 2000 in July alone. Do you remember where you saw that? I'd guess slightly less, but could be close.
Even if they just kept up the 2000 per month that would be about 19k R1's this year and since they are still ramping, I'd say they get to at least 20k this year.
Sponsored