Sponsored

Master Thread: Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV)

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Didn’t do well last time I tried to do it. But if local shop wants too much or too much time, I’ll try it again
That panel with precut PPF should be easy.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
IMG_3321.jpg

Hoping running boards might have avoided this ... (hoping its just ppf that got screwed up as well).

Pulled into garage. Son opened his car door, I hadn't taken foot off of the brake. So he opened it, hit the R1T, looked back to tell him to close the door, he was half way out the car, I told him to get in and let me move the car. As I was saying that, I let go of the brake and the car rocked back doing that...
Are the running boards high enough to stop most car doors from dinging the body panels? (ie doors would come in contact with the boards before they would have a chance to hit the panels?). That’s a huge added bonus if that’s the case.

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Are the running boards high enough to stop most car doors from dinging the body panels? (ie doors would come in contact with the boards before they would have a chance to hit the panels?). That’s a huge added bonus if that’s the case.
Depends on the offending car/truck door shape, but yes, definitely eliminates many possible ding and dangs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My weekly check in to see if there are any new installs, sealing or welting insights?

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

think my welting purchase finally shipped. Need to get the boards installed though

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

They are on. Few snags. Biggest was the one frame bolt :(. Otherwise ok.

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_3482

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread:  Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV) IMG_3481

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

IMG_3482.jpeg

IMG_3481.jpeg
No welting?! 🤣

What was the “one frame bolt hangup”?

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

IMG_3482.jpeg

IMG_3481.jpeg

Can you do me a favor and pull one aero cover and tell me how much aero cover damage the covers did to your wheel clear and base costs? And how many miles it took to do such damage? I ask as I purchased a “new” less than 100 mile take off set today and when I pulled the covers, OMG.

Sponsored

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

No welting?! 🤣

What was the “one frame bolt hangup”?

The 4" cut was off by a few mm, instead of using my head and trying to trim it with a knife, I tried to shove the attachment piece in. Angle was off on reinserting the frame bolt. As I was tightening with the torque wrench it slipped and it stripped the bolt some.

Other side effect is that the attachment piece for the frame to the board was just off as well. Made it work, but was cursing enough to get looks from the neighbors...

Think it could come off if needed, but wouldn't want to put it back if needed. Would rather replace it.

Welting is in the mail.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Can you do me a favor and pull one aero cover and tell me how much aero cover damage the covers did to your wheel clear and base costs? And how many miles it took to do such damage? I ask as I purchased a “new” less than 100 mile take off set today and when I pulled the covers, OMG.
I think I took my aero covers off around 900 miles. I'd have to look tomorrow to see what damage was done. Don't remember there being a lot if any.

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I think I took my aero covers off around 900 miles. I'd have to look tomorrow to see what damage was done. Don't remember there being a lot if any.

Do you happen to have a tread depth gauge and can tell me how deep your treads are for the mileage? Anyone know what the “new” tread depth should be?

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Tire Rack shows 10/32" when new.

My tread depth is like 7 or 8/32 I think. Almost 6k miles. Mostly short trips around town. Work from home at the moment.
Sponsored