Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
FWIW I switched to large pack and I'm waiting to see what the delivery estimate updates to; if it remains 2024 then I'll switch back to the max pack.
Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I would be shocked if you didnā€™t get a Large pack sooner. I had a Sep 21 Large order, and later switched it to a max pack for awhile. I switched back to a Large pack towards the end of Sep 22, got a confirm my configuration email a few weeks later, and picked up my large R1T on Nov 5. Obviously your results may vary. I wouldnā€™t think you would get one this year (only a few weeks left), but would guess a couple months.
I did the same, have an Aug 21 preorder max pack but after the October delivery update to 2024, I switched to the large pack. Status is processing estimate but I hope to get it in the next few months. Guess we will see.

OP
OP
zefram47

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

For those switching to large pack, it sounds like if you also select manual or no tonneau you may be more likely to get it quicker. But I have no direct evidence for that other than some folks in here and Rivian Stories posting that they made the change and almost immediately got assigned a guide.

TexasCrane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Subaru, R1T
So it looks like changing to the large pack worked. I just got an e-mail to confirm my configuration. What's the typical timeline once the config is confirmed?

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
So it looks like changing to the large pack worked. I just got an e-mail to confirm my configuration. What's the typical timeline once the config is confirmed?
Nice! Iā€™m hoping for the same. When did you order?

Sponsored

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Yep. They ground their good will with me down to nothing. itā€™s why I canceled my preorder.
I'm genuinely curious. What then, keeps you engaged? The hope for change or ?

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
I think all the Max Pack preorders deserve an explanation from Rivian at this point. If it isn't going to be the new 2nd gen 800V architecture with Enduro motors I'm not sure I'm going to wait that long to get one.
Totally agree.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I'm genuinely curious. What then, keeps you engaged? The hope for change or ?
With the forum? Itā€™s a nice forum. one of the least worst vehicle specific forums Iā€™ve been on. and I have too much free time šŸ¤—

Iā€™ve driven an R1T. Itā€™s a very good product. Iā€™ve met and talked to various people from Rivian all of them great and enthusiastic.

however, whoever is driving mid-high level decisions there is not doing a good job.

And they really seem to have no plan for my region.
The whole indefinite timeline thing doesnā€™t cut it. I was good with 2023 delivery. But now my comfiguration has no timeframe at all. And it went from ā€œservice? Donā€™t worry! Weā€˜ll come to you!ā€ To ā€œweā€˜re working on a plan for when weā€™ll have a plan to plan a service centre in your region.ā€œ

So, I still want one, but Iā€™m not giving them any money unless they figure out how to not just kick the can down the road

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
With the forum? Itā€™s a nice forum. one of the least worst vehicle specific forums Iā€™ve been on. and I have too much free time šŸ¤—

Iā€™ve driven an R1T. Itā€™s a very good product. Iā€™ve met and talked to various people from Rivian all of them great and enthusiastic.

however, whoever is driving mid-high level decisions there is not doing a good job.

And they really seem to have no plan for my region.
The whole indefinite timeline thing doesnā€™t cut it. I was good with 2023 delivery. But now my comfiguration has no timeframe at all. And it went from ā€œservice? Donā€™t worry! Weā€˜ll come to you!ā€ To ā€œweā€˜re working on a plan for when weā€™ll have a plan to plan a service centre in your region.ā€œ

So, I still want one, but Iā€™m not giving them any money unless they figure out how to not just kick the can down the road
Has to be tough giving up that pre march price increase.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Has to be tough giving up that pre march price increase.
I doubt theyā€™ll maintain pre march 2022 pricing for quad motor max pack anyway at the rate things are going.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20ā€
Whoa! Things are moving really fast for me. Since the beginning, until recently, my configuration has been for an R1S. In September, just messing around, I changed my configuration to an R1T. On 10/30, I received a email with a Feb-Mar 2023 delivery estimate for the R1T I had configured. That was a surprise! This last week I received an invitation for the First Mile test drive (now, set for 12/8). Today, I got an email asking me to confirm my configuration. When I went to my Rivian web page, it opens with a page to confirm my configuration and delivery address. WTH! I am a 2/26/22 reservation holder. One would think I couldnā€™t get any further down the list. Didnā€™t plan on getting a new Rivian until late 2023, at best. My question is, what does the Confirm Configuration really mean? It looks pretty official, like the ball is really rolling. Does this indicate an 8-step process is imminent? Iā€™m not ready to bite the bullet at this time. Heck, Iā€™m not even 100% sure I want a T versus an S.

BTW, my configuration page still shows the Max Pack option at $10K.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Whoa! Things are moving really fast for me. Since the beginning, until recently, my configuration has been for an R1S. In September, just messing around, I changed my configuration to an R1T. On 10/30, I received a email with a Feb-Mar 2023 delivery estimate for the R1T I had configured. That was a surprise! This last week I received an invitation for the First Mile test drive (now, set for 12/8). Today, I got an email asking me to confirm my configuration. When I went to my Rivian web page, it opens with a page to confirm my configuration and delivery address. WTH! I am a 2/26/22 reservation holder. One would think I couldnā€™t get any further down the list. Didnā€™t plan on getting a new Rivian until late 2023, at best. My question is, what does the Confirm Configuration really mean? It looks pretty official, like the ball is really rolling. Does this indicate an 8-step process is imminent? Iā€™m not ready to bite the bullet at this time. Heck, Iā€™m not even 100% sure I want a T versus an S.

BTW, my configuration page still shows the Max Pack option at $10K.
WTF

Quad motor?