Sponsored

Max Packers: Did you get a delivery estimate yet? (Are there even any Max Packers left? :D)

elfordon

First Name
Elfordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Large Charge Marge (Max Pack R1T)
Occupation
retired
Clubs

The January 31 delivery update emails have come and gone. I'm a whiny Max Pack reservation holder from July 2020.

I live so close to the factory, I see R1Ts and R1Ss driving around daily. (It was cool the first few sightings; it's torture now.)

On Feb 1, 2023, I'm at "Processing estimate" in the configurator.

Did any Max Packers get delivery date estimates?

(I understand quad Max Pack people are supposed to be switched to dual Max Pack in the configurator in Feb. But I'm pretty sure I saw a Max Packer get a March 2023 delivery date estimate. Not sure how that happened.)
Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Yeah not sure what the nuances were that gave the max packer an early '23 delivery window. I don't quite understand what's up with this latest round. As a max pack hold out from June' 19 and being given the ultimatum of swap out to a quad large, or mini max dual, I opted large quad 12/27/22 for a sooner delivery.

Recieved a confirm configuration email on Monday, followed by a "schedule a call with your new guide" email. Do that, no call at the arranged time. Get the delivery window an hour later and I'm still sitting in 2024. So at this point I don't get it. I'm close to their main office in Canada, literally down the street, their service center is a 10 minute drive from me so?

Either the guide email was a glitch, or the delivery window was... Or I'm still asleep and this is just a nightmare. All are possible haha

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

(I understand quad Max Pack people are supposed to be switched to dual Max Pack in the configurator in Feb. But I'm pretty sure I saw a Max Packer get a March 2023 delivery date estimate. Not sure how that happened.)
Rivian let you make the switch to dual+max manually before the delivery estimate cutoff. I'm not really sure why they opted to go this route other than there's still a chance they could change their mind about the quad+max, or maybe wanted to reward people who were paying attention and were going to be flexible.

I intentionally didn't flip mine over on the off chance they are trying to get numbers on how many people still want to insist on quad.

Last edited:

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

I've been holding out for the max pack. My status changed to "Processing Estimate".

I have been unable to change my configuration to Dual Max Pack since the announcement.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It does feel like they are waging a war of attrition against the max packers. Sorry folks. I was hoping there would be good news for you:asshat:

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It does feel like they are waging a war of attrition against the max packers. Sorry folks. I was hoping there would be good news for you:asshat:
War. War never changes. Just like the odds of delivery of a max pack + quad.

0600Zulu

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure
I got an email back in December that my max pack would be delayed to mid 2024. They gave me the option to switch to large pack for early delivery, and I subsequently took delivery of my large quad on Jan 27.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Mine is still processing also. I had two reservations. One is the already delivered R1T LS FE AT Bright Quad Motor Large Pack. Iā€™m happy to wait until 24 for a quad max pack as an upgrade. I will probably cancel if or when Iā€™m asked to change to dial.

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Has anyone with "old" pricing max pack been able to change from quad motor to dual? I don't see where I can make that config change.

NYSport

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan S, Mercedes C43, BMW X5, Porsche 912
Occupation
Aviation Exec
I received the same email, delay for max+quad, offered a large+quad. I subsequently changed to an R1S. The combination of no max+quad for the foreseeable future and no power tonneau pushed me to the R1S.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Has anyone with "old" pricing max pack been able to change from quad motor to dual? I don't see where I can make that config change.
Nope. As of January 30th, all I had access to was quad max or quad large.

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Iā€™m a few miles from a service center and got a March-April ā€˜23 estimate. I never switched my Max Quad to Dual. Nice of them to hurry but I find it very sketchy that theyā€™re estimating delivery 30 days from now yet havenā€™t released any specific technical info on the Dual Max battery or the EPA rating. Iā€™m planning on switching to Large Quad. I donā€™t want to beta test Dual for them. Either way, I wonā€™t take delivery until they get the tonneau sorted out. I hope they do so by this summer.

DDay61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2021 992 4S, 2019 Macan S
I doubt the max pack will ever see the light of day. And if it does, the extra weight is going to be a problem.

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yeah not sure what the nuances were that gave the max packer an early '23 delivery window. I don't quite understand what's up with this latest round. As a max pack hold out from June' 19 and being given the ultimatum of swap out to a quad large, or mini max dual, I opted large quad 12/27/22 for a sooner delivery.

Recieved a confirm configuration email on Monday, followed by a "schedule a call with your new guide" email. Do that, no call at the arranged time. Get the delivery window an hour later and I'm still sitting in 2024. So at this point I don't get it. I'm close to their main office in Canada, literally down the street, their service center is a 10 minute drive from me so?

Either the guide email was a glitch, or the delivery window was... Or I'm still asleep and this is just a nightmare. All are possible haha
If you just got a Guide assigned, you'll be getting your quad large much sooner than 2024.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

If you just got a Guide assigned, you'll be getting your quad large much sooner than 2024.
One would assume, but we've seen in it many times on here where a guide is assigned and a delivery is still in a perpetual limbo
Sponsored