Sponsored

Rivian confirms no Meridian Sound System in my R1S. It has in-house audio system

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
He said " Perhaps I have legal recourse against Rivian. "

Which doesn't necessary mean sue.

I don't see anything wrong with complaining as sometimes whining wins. :)

I got $5K or so from Tesla because someone at Electrek.co whined to Elon.
Whining in this case won't get you anymore discount. As a pre-March 22 pre-order, you've already gotten as much as $20K off.
Sponsored

Headingley

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 35d
Occupation
Surgeon
Just a long list:
1. No camp kitchen.
2. No tank turn.
3. No 400 mile battery.
4. No electric tonneau cover.
5. No manual tonneau cover.
6. No Meridian sound system.
7. No electrical outlet in the frunk.
8. No gear tunnel shuttle.

and getting longer.
BTW this isnt the complete list

Headingley

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 35d
Occupation
Surgeon
People keep using the term “bait and switch” like they did not sign this agreement:

By signing that you are acknowledging that you understand you are not being promised a SPECIFIC VEHICLE CONFIGURATION. So stop whining about everything and if you dislike Rivian the company or Rivian the vehicle so much you are free to cancel your order or sell your vehicle and be done with it.

Then you can go get on a waiting list for a Ford Lightning Platinum and receive no communications except for the multiple price increases and to tell you they removed several features that make it a “Platinum” until your truck is at the dealer, who decides they want to charge you even more because they can.

Enjoy.
bait-and-switch
noun

1. the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods which are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods.
    "a bait-and-switch scheme"

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
bait-and-switch
noun

1. the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods which are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods.
    "a bait-and-switch scheme"

The operative words obviously being “with the intention of”.….

Powered tonneaus failing was certainly not their intention. 12 v outlets being in short supply is not their intention. If Meridian didn’t want Rivian making ANY changes to the audio system that had their name on it, that also does not fall into the category of bait and switch.

Also would need to prove the product (the vehicle as a whole) is actually inferior. That is purely a matter of opinion. OP in this thread didn’t even know he had a different stereo :CWL:

But by all means keep exaggerating.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Here's my 3/17/23 Monroney, vehicle built 12/22 and has Meridian branded speaker grills - my theory is they stopped putting it on the Monroney after a certain date. Your Monroney is printed as of your final order date, not the build date:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian confirms no Meridian Sound System in my R1S. It has in-house audio system rIXZMFm

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Just a long list:
1. No camp kitchen.
2. No tank turn.
3. No 400 mile battery.
4. No electric tonneau cover.
5. No manual tonneau cover.
6. No Meridian sound system.
7. No electrical outlet in the frunk.
8. No gear tunnel shuttle.

and getting longer.
Some items on your list were delivered. Some are model year spec changes. Some items were delayed and are still planned for future deliveries. Combined with #2 silliness about “No tank turn” being a bait and switch bullet, you’re undermining your own entire argument.

Early adopter material, you are not, hmmm?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Essentially every vehicle that has ever announced a concept vehicle that had different features than the production model would also be a “bait and switch” according to some here. Call in the lawyers!

Also better iron your suing pants for all the grocery producers who use shrinkflation with hundreds of products without informing everyone on the planet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrinkflation

Somehow all of that flew under the radar until a few whiners got a truck without a brand name on the speaker covers.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Some items on your list were delivered. Some are model year spec changes. Some items were delayed and are still planned for future deliveries. Combined with #2 silliness about “No tank turn” being a bait and switch bullet, you’re undermining your own entire argument.

Early adopter material, you are not, hmmm?
Tank turn being demonstrated is what pushed me over the edge into reserving my truck!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Exactly....you were baited.
If you believe this is true then you will easily win a lawsuit against Rivian and basically any product that has changed its formula, recipe, size, etc without informing you first. I look forward to following your failure.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
After the Meridian squad is done suing Rivian for the crime(s) of the century, head on over to Stellantis HQ and serve them for the radical differences between the RAM EV concept and production design. “BAIT & SWITCH”!!

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian confirms no Meridian Sound System in my R1S. It has in-house audio system 1680009756935

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian confirms no Meridian Sound System in my R1S. It has in-house audio system 1680009658224

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Yes, RESERVING your truck, not BUYING your truck.
Exactly
Exactly....you were baited.
Not really, because they never told me it was actually going to be available in the vehicle I reserved. Just that they have a vehicle they did this for. One thing they never demonstrated pre-production was the camp leveling system and Rivian actually implemented it after customers bugged them enough. I guess no-one really cares that tank turn is missing.