Sponsored

MPH Charlotte

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Land Rover Discovery Sport, VW Taos
Finally, after 4+ years and seeing other R1S' trickle out, it was my turn on March 2, 2023 (preorder was 2/21/2019)!

We absolutely love the R1S - exceeded expectations. I had only seen one in real life in a torrential rain storm in San Fran last month. There might be others where we live in NC, but ours may be the first one...

Midnight, black mountain, 22s. It surprised me in almost every way - from fit and finish to driving and handling characteristics. This replaces my 2014 Range Rover Supercharged (V8) and my initial impressions are that it is better in every way. It is truly quite impressive for Rivian to pull this out of the box on their first attempt.

Waiting was torture, but the early experience suggests it will have been worth the wait and is definitely a keeper!

Rivian R1T R1S Midnight Black R1S delivery after 4 years, 11 days - Finally! IMG_7176.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Midnight Black R1S delivery after 4 years, 11 days - Finally! IMG_7179.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Midnight Black R1S delivery after 4 years, 11 days - Finally! IMG_7180 2.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Midnight Black R1S delivery after 4 years, 11 days - Finally! IMG_7187 copy
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
SHARP.

Jper123

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Finance
That looks so good! I have the same build. I played with so many colors but I don't love the two tone roof so black eliminates that and looks timeless. Now just torn between 20s or 22s. Anyone have a picture of black exterior R1S with 20s?

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T , Tesla Model 3
Congrats! Care to share VIN?

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

How does it compare with your full size Range Rover in terms of interior space?

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Your wait was one week longer than mine. Congrats!

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Congrats! The interior is surprisingly nice. So many little areas with great attention to detail. The wood is especially nice IMO, regardless of whatever Munro’s company says. Has a raw and unique feeling not seen in any other vehicle.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
love the black, but definitely can't have that in Texas heat.

OP
OP

MPH Charlotte

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Land Rover Discovery Sport, VW Taos
How does it compare with your full size Range Rover in terms of interior space?
Feels considerably larger that my full size RR. Front end seems higher and more stout. Feels longer when you are driving it. Much more room behind the second row and the RR did not even try to have a third row. My dog has her own apartment back there! Probably similar in interior width.

Sponsored

R1S88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Congrats - I have the same config with the bright 22s ordered 12/19 and delivered early 12/22. There's not many of us MB/BM owners. I ordered the Midnight thinking it would be popular and I'd get it sooner, but I think I got delivery because the color is not very popular and they had made a batch. I have a friend still waiting for Forest Green.

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

CONGRATS!!! As my wait has not been as long, I am awaiting the arrival of the Midnight R1S as well! Enjoy!!!!
Sponsored