Sponsored

tcole

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2022 Ford Bronco, 2022 Zero FXE
My R1T is a 24xxx vin, made in May, picked up June 7 and seems to have this issue.

But not able to get it looked at until August 7th, along with a number of other issues.
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

What SC did you use? It really seems to be a very inconsistent experience between SCs.

Not sure if anyone can chime in here and share how good/bad Austin, TX SC is.
Bellevue

Bearmountain

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 cts, 2000 dakota r/t
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical, Electrical, General Contractor
I've got an April build and I pull hard to the right. The below is straight for me. Glad to know they at least know what to do. I'm tempted to just get an alignment before going into the SC because driving into Brooklyn is a pain

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 7.49.12 AM.png
That's what I did worked great didn't want to drive into San Francisco. Make sure shop has the proper specs. Mine did in his machine, r1t, r1s, and the van

SilverII

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

The Dallas SC didnt want to do mine under the campaign. I ended up paying for an alignment

Sponsored

SilverII

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Hmmm... curious as to their reasoning? Did a third party alignment fix your issue?
Apparently the campaign must be sent to you by Rivian. You can't just get them to do it

Gforce1

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Just had an alignment done at the Brooklyn SC and while the truck tracks straight as an arrow it still can’t have the steering wheel centered. Found this TSB and decided to take a look myself. The paint mark is slightly off but there is nothing I can do to adjust anything so I put it back together and made another appt. What I don’t understand is the nut the steering wheel is attached to is a hex nut (which I assume goes onto a spline). But if the arrow and the paint mark are off it would be off by 60 degrees not 2-3 degrees. Almost makes me wonder if the casting for the steering wheel is the actual problem.
Rivian R1T R1S Misaligned steering wheel issue on R1T and R1S -- NHTSA  Customer Satisfaction Campaign RCA-10-23-002-1 IMG_3327

Rivian R1T R1S Misaligned steering wheel issue on R1T and R1S -- NHTSA  Customer Satisfaction Campaign RCA-10-23-002-1 IMG_3331

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

That amount of steering wheel alignment is easily fixed by adjusting the tie rods an equal amount on both sides to steer both wheels left an equal amount. Takes only 5 minutes to fix. I estimate half a turn.

jwanderson88

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
My steering wheel is rotated about 5 to 10 degrees counterclockwise. When I'm on the right side of the crown of the road, you can feel the steering pull right. On the left side of the crown, it pulls left. Totally normal. The steering wheel is rotated the same no matter what way it is pulling. It seems mostly cosmetic, but there could be other things involved. It is bothering me now that I've noticed it. My Rivian R1T was built in March '23, which is included in the campaign. What do I do to get this corrected?

gerrylum

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Director of Marketing
Clubs

The Dallas SC didnt want to do mine under the campaign. I ended up paying for an alignment
Can I ask where you took it for an alignment? I'm in DFW as well and the Dallas SC doesn't want to do mine under the campaign either. They want to charge me $220 for an alignment. If I'm going to pay, I'd rather pay people who specialize in alignment.

Sponsored

tcole

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2022 Ford Bronco, 2022 Zero FXE
Can I ask where you took it for an alignment? I'm in DFW as well and the Dallas SC doesn't want to do mine under the campaign either. They want to charge me $220 for an alignment. If I'm going to pay, I'd rather pay people who specialize in alignment.
Hmm, doesn't answer your direct question, but my steering wheel needed to be held to the left a bit otherwise the truck pulled to the right. I had it into the SC for this, and a bunch of other issues, all things I noticed within the first few weeks of ownership. They did an alignment and fixed it at the Sacramento SC. It's much better now.

I wonder if different SCs are treating this differently, or if I reported mine close enough to delivery that they decided to handle it. I'd also reported a noise in my steering column and they ended up replacing it.

SilverII

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I let them do it... Paid $240