someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I've got an April build and I pull hard to the right. The below is straight for me. Glad to know they at least know what to do. I'm tempted to just get an alignment before going into the SC because driving into Brooklyn is a pain

Rivian R1T R1S Misaligned steering wheel issue on R1T and R1S -- NHTSA  Customer Satisfaction Campaign RCA-10-23-002-1 Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 7.49.12 AM
Sponsored

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
That is brutal - I think most of us here have a really small (1-2 degrees) misalignment to the left. Yours is a totally different issue. Not sure how you drive like that...

someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

That is brutal - I think most of us here have a really small (1-2 degrees) misalignment to the left. Yours is a totally different issue. Not sure how you drive like that...
haha the good thing is that it’s at my PPF guy until Friday because he’s backed up. I’m hoping with the severity it’s an alignment thing at which point I’ll take it to get alignment instead of heading back to the SC

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
Like others, my steering wheel was off a couple degrees upon delivery (VIN 18xxx, Jan 2023 build / Feb 2023 delivery) and pulled to the right. Had a local motorsport shop who specialize in corner balancing, modified suspension alignments, track set ups, etc (as well as road cars) perform an alignment versus going to the SC for one. It was off for sure, although we didn’t have any factory specs to work with. Post alignment though, the steering wheel was straight and tracked straight.

cross post here

IMG_2689.jpg
You have a very good point - maybe I just schedule an appointment with Discount Tire to make a wheel alignment. They are partnering with Rivian, so they should have the specs (I hope).

I have the same misalignment of the steering wheel as in your picture, and also a bit of pulling to the right. It is probably a problem with factory machine calibration.

My VIN 22xxx, truck was delivered last month.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Rivian has had my truck since last Tuesday to do the alignment. I was told the alignment wouldn't "take" and they had to order parts. Still no word from Rivian.

I took my Ram in for an alignment after installing a lift yesterday, walked out 1.5hours later.

Sigh.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Rivian has had my truck since last Tuesday to do the alignment. I was told the alignment wouldn't "take" and they had to order parts. Still no word from Rivian.

I took my Ram in for an alignment after installing a lift yesterday, walked out 1.5hours later.

Sigh.
curious which parts they need to replace. keep us posted.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
curious which parts they need to replace. keep us posted.
I just called them as they've had it 8 days. Apparently it's getting a new subframe and lower control arm. Should have it back by the end of the week. We'll see.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I just called them as they've had it 8 days. Apparently it's getting a new subframe and lower control arm. Should have it back by the end of the week. We'll see.
so let me get this straight. you went in for an alignment issue but you'll be coming out with a new subframe and lower control arm? yikes!

Reactions: Guy

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
so let me get this straight. you went in for an alignment issue but you'll be coming out with a new subframe and lower control arm? yikes!
Correct. Though technically it was both an alignment issues and a wheel vibration at 82mph issue, which they assumed would be wheel balance. Note this is the second attempt at fixing this problem.

I think I've had enough with Rivian. Between these issues, the SC customer service issues and all of the other annoyances, it just takes away from any of the positive aspects.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
Took delivery of a March build R1S last month and yes it has the same issue. Car is currently in the Chicago SC now also to fix some misaligned panels. Was told it’s gonna take a while because they have 80 cars on schedule and only 3 technicians working.

Rivian R1T R1S Misaligned steering wheel issue on R1T and R1S -- NHTSA  Customer Satisfaction Campaign RCA-10-23-002-1 IMG_8397

Sponsored

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
Took delivery of a March build R1S last month and yes it has the same issue. Car is currently in the Chicago SC now also to fix some misaligned panels. Was told it’s gonna take a while because they have 80 cars on schedule and only 3 technicians working.

IMG_8397.jpeg
I have exactly the same misalignment. And all other r1t's I saw. So it seems a factory issue. As it is not radical misalignment , most people probably just not reporting it.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

took my R1T in for exact same aligment issue. they said its fixed. we'll see when i pickup on Monday

ColoRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
Add me to the list. Just picked up an R1T from Denver, CO today, and the steering wheel is misaligned. Why are they letting these off the lot knowing they are like this? 🤦‍♂️

Rivian R1T R1S Misaligned steering wheel issue on R1T and R1S -- NHTSA  Customer Satisfaction Campaign RCA-10-23-002-1 PXL_20230610_211002528

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
took my R1T in for exact same aligment issue. they said its fixed. we'll see when i pickup on Monday
So you needed to leave the car for the alignment at SC? I was hopping to wait 1-2 hours and get it back.

Please, update us on Monday if they really fixed the problem
Sponsored