Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Here is an article about the introduction of the Myers Manx EV and beginning of preorders:

https://flip.it/V-ls2LMeyers Manx is Back as a Cool as Heck EV

Rivian R1T R1S Myers Manx EV Dune Buggy Preorders to begin 48535A13-F3FB-4442-9A4B-7FA7263B0D28
Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
They got the styling spot on. Getting a chance to buy this ultra low production Dune Buggy will be like winning the lottery. My guess on the MSRP is $55k.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
They got the styling spot on. Getting a chance to buy this ultra low production Dune Buggy will be like winning the lottery. My guess on the MSRP is $55k.
$55k? Double or triple that. Easily.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Very cool. But I bet it costs about the same as a Rivian.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
The car will probably fall under the Low-Volume Rurnkey Replica Car Manufacturing Rule. 325 units is the maximum manufacturing rate per year.

“The new rule was pushed forward thanks to the lobbying efforts of the Specialty Equipment Market Association, better known as SEMA, the organization which hosts the annual eponymous car show in Las Vegas. Per the new rule, low-volume manufacturers will be able to produce upwards of 325 replicas a year, opening up a broad range of fan favorites for reproduction.

The replica vehicles can be based on designs more than 25 years old, and replica vehicles will not have the same level of scrutiny as modern mass-produced vehicles, thus allowing smaller manufacturers a shot at recreating some classic rides.

However, although the newly produced models won’t be as heavily scrutinized as mass-produced vehicles, eligibility for street-legal status means they will still fall under the purview of federal regulation, including emissions laws and registration with agencies like the EPA, NHTSA, and CARB (California Air Resources Board), a process which, according to SEMA, could take several months.

However, the new rule will still allow enthusiasts a shot at owning some of those unicorn vehicles typically only available to the richest of collectors, such as pre-war coachbuilt vehicles, historic race cars, and other rare sports cars. Previously, federal law prohibited replica car manufacturers from building completed vehicles that did not conform to federal safety standards, thus forcing manufacturers to offer kit cars without the drivetrain to enable enthusiasts a chance to build their object of desire at home.”

Reactions: Jac

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
I have a preorder. It's not cheap, but it's considerably less than my Rivian.
What does that mean? You know the MSRP and arent sharing or that’s your speculation?

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
It sounds too bespoke for any EOS to me. I’d guess a big $$$ toy…

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I have a preorder. It's not cheap, but it's considerably less than my Rivian.
That’s interesting. Give us a hint!

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Total speculation of course but maybe you could cross shop a Manx with a Tesla Model 3 Performance.
Ok, that’s not too bad. I bet they sell a bunch of them if they can actually pull that off. Love the design.

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
I also put in a preorder for grins. Coming to learn its best to just throw one down and then see what happens later. Missed out on a $100k profit because I didn’t pull the trigger on the Hummer. Now I’m just gonna put deposits on everything.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Ok, that’s not too bad. I bet they sell a bunch of them if they can actually pull that off. Love the design.
yeah we'll see where the price lands when it finally launches and how many supply chain related price increases they might have to navigate, but I hope they can keep it reasonable. It's a beautiful design.