Nearing the finish, my Guide has been awesome

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
There have been a few complaints on here about people asking to change their guides or their guides are not very knowledgeable or forthcoming with info. I want people to know that some of the guides are awesome and answer every question or get it answered shortly. If you are really having issues with yours, ask to switch, because there are good ones out there. Mine is located at the Normal plant.

This is just a single example email I got last night, but it represents the answers I get when I ask for an update:
---------------------------------------------

Hi Larry,

Good afternoon! Your vehicle has made it down to Miami, it was unloaded and received this morning, and they have already started the final inspection. Since this is the end of the quarter, our teams are running multiple shifts getting these inspections and prepping details done. I would expect that you will hear from them Monday to schedule your appointment.

So, it might not be a bad idea to start thinking about those final steps. We don't need them to be completed yet, but we're getting really close!

I just went into your account and approved the Drivers License pictures and the plate transfer photos. Thanks for sending those in! Since insurance is usually the thing that hold customers up the most, I'm going to list here what we need for a proof of insurance document:

We will need a Florida insurance card that lists your Rivian VIN (7FCTGAAL1PN017***), has a start date that is on or before your pick-up/delivery date, and is in effect for at least 90-days post-pick-up/delivery. Your truck will have 90-day temporary tags on there, and we need to make sure that your insurance is effective for this length in case the DMV messes something up getting your new registration to you.

I'm working tomorrow (Saturday) until Noon, so if you have any questions please send them my way. We are BUSY right now, but I will try my best to get back to you same-day for delivery questions.

Thanks!

Stay adventurous,
T*****
Rivian Guide
Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
There have been a few complaints on here about people asking to change their guides or their guides are not very knowledgeable or forthcoming with info. I want people to know that some of the guides are awesome and answer every question or get it answered shortly. If you are really having issues with yours, ask to switch, because there are good ones out there. Mine is located at the Normal plant.

This is just a single example email I got last night, but it represents the answers I get when I ask for an update:

Hi Larry,

Good afternoon! Your vehicle has made it down to Miami, it was unloaded and received this morning, and they have already started the final inspection. Since this is the end of the quarter, our teams are running multiple shifts getting these inspections and prepping details done. I would expect that you will hear from them Monday to schedule your appointment.

So, it might not be a bad idea to start thinking about those final steps. We don't need them to be completed yet, but we're getting really close!

I just went into your account and approved the Drivers License pictures and the plate transfer photos. Thanks for sending those in! Since insurance is usually the thing that hold customers up the most, I'm going to list here what we need for a proof of insurance document:

We will need a Florida insurance card that lists your Rivian VIN (7FCTGAAL1PN017***), has a start date that is on or before your pick-up/delivery date, and is in effect for at least 90-days post-pick-up/delivery. Your truck will have 90-day temporary tags on there, and we need to make sure that your insurance is effective for this length in case the DMV messes something up getting your new registration to you.

I'm working tomorrow (Saturday) until Noon, so if you have any questions please send them my way. We are BUSY right now, but I will try my best to get back to you same-day for delivery questions.

Thanks!

Stay adventurous,
T*****
Rivian Guide
Wow, my guide basically only sent me canned responses. Congrats on the soon to be delivery date!!

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Wow, my guide basically only sent me canned responses. Congrats on the soon to be delivery date!!
I had a great guide as well - Kellee N - but it looks like she was either part of the recent layoffs or left of her own accord. She was really good with responses too.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata

Hi Larry,

Thanks!

Stay adventurous,
T*****
Rivian Guide
If you’re guide is Tyler L, you’re in good hands ;)

Sponsored

911.1 Guy

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Dam Many
Occupation
Finance
I wonder what qualifications are required to be a "guide". Mine seems to be a soccer mommy that doesn't have any interest in cars.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

My guide has been exceptional as well. Very responsive and detail-oriented when answering any of my questions. Glad to hear many of you have similar experiences!

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
Boca? Nice. My old hometown.

I picked up my R1T on Monday and I love it.

You'll love it, too.

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
My guide is like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer goes to work at a place he’s never been hired at….
Sponsored