Tampa R1T

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I have been told that your guide is able to process a refund for the $800. “Early 2023” expires soon and without an update in the next week or 2 I’ll be doing just that…no reason I should have to pay for this one and let Rivian keep my $800 indefinitely
I wrote my guide last week and asked for a refund to my manual tonneau. She says "I am working on your refund now. "
Sponsored

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
Got my truck today. Looking forward to the @evsportline cover that I ordered. Will be a great addition!

Tested out the entry/exit for the height challenged family members, definitely need a step so deciding on that next.
Congrats! How has the 1st week been? Do you have the 12v plug under the center screen?

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
Congrats! How has the 1st week been? Do you have the 12v plug under the center screen?
First week has been awesome. Much better than I expected. Lots of running around with inspections, ski trip adventure, and a clear coat process. I’m at 800 miles already.

I have the 12v under the center screen (and 120v under the rear screen) but no power outlet in the frunk. That’s a a small miss but a noticeable one for an adventure vehicle especially when the lightning has lots and a better frunk in general.

Just one minor service item so far. It’s near impossible to close the spare tire compartment and have it latch on both sides. As others have noted I’d probably not open it much if they had had spare tires to buy and I had one in there. But since they didn’t its empty space I could use if the thing closed correctly without a trampoline move.

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First week has been awesome. Much better than I expected. Lots of running around with inspections, ski trip adventure, and a clear coat process. I’m at 800 miles already.

I have the 12v under the center screen (and 120v under the rear screen) but no power outlet in the frunk. That’s a a small miss but a noticeable one for an adventure vehicle especially when the lightning has lots and a better frunk in general.

Just one minor service item so far. It’s near impossible to close the spare tire compartment and have it latch on both sides. As others have noted I’d probably not open it much if they had had spare tires to buy and I had one in there. But since they didn’t its empty space I could use if the thing closed correctly without a trampoline move.
Nice! I'm picking mine up later today; the frunk 12v will be interesting, I know they had some leftovers that they threw into some '23 R1T/S's maybe I'll get lucky and have both. If not then I better at least have the center screen and I agree with you, taking away when the competition has/or is adding more prob isn't the right move long term. I think this is simply a short term solution for them to pump out as much as possible as they remain in survival mode. The R2 iteration should get back to where they were a couple years ago plus some; PLEASE have a powered rear window and sunroof!

What type of clear coat process did you apply, whole vehicle?

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Nice! I'm picking mine up later today; the frunk 12v will be interesting, I know they had some leftovers that they threw into some '23 R1T/S's maybe I'll get lucky and have both. If not then I better at least have the center screen and I agree with you, taking away when the competition has/or is adding more prob isn't the right move long term. I think this is simply a short term solution for them to pump out as much as possible as they remain in survival mode. The R2 iteration should get back to where they were a couple years ago plus some; PLEASE have a powered rear window and sunroof!

What type of clear coat process did you apply, whole vehicle?
I was hopeful on the 12V in the frunk for the same reasons but alas nothing there. I'd guess someone will do an aftermarket charge mod at some point.

I did OptiCoat Pro Plus, whole car (which is pretty standard). No PPF. I did the same for my Teslas when I got them and it holds up well and i'm ok with a few rock dings every once in a while.

Some pics of the 12V under the screen and frunk with no power outlet

Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T IMG_1097.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T IMG_1098.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T IMG_1099.JPG

Sponsored

Frank65

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I installed L-track for tie-downs using the 3 mounting bolt locations on both sides of the bed based on another thread in here. (first pic) The tonneau cover uses those same points per mounting, and customer service said it would not be compatible. However from the tonneau pictures shown here from their website (2nd pic) it looks like the aluminum standoffs could allow a 1-1/8" x 1/2" L-track through the openings perhaps with some washers to shim if needed? Can anyone confirm the clearance?

Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T IMG_8321

Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T Screenshot 2023-03-23 152455

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

the rail will mess up the angle the clamp connects with the side rail - that cant be angled. Youd have to cut down the rail around the 3 points, and grind off the matching thickness of the base plate, so the geometry of the clamp is right. It's doable, but fabrication necessary;

Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 4.22.13 PM

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was hopeful on the 12V in the frunk for the same reasons but alas nothing there. I'd guess someone will do an aftermarket charge mod at some point.

I did OptiCoat Pro Plus, whole car (which is pretty standard). No PPF. I did the same for my Teslas when I got them and it holds up well and i'm ok with a few rock dings every once in a while.

Some pics of the 12V under the screen and frunk with no power outlet
Alas, no frunk outlet. Though I do have one under the center screen along with the meridian speakers.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Alas, no frunk outlet. Though I do have one under the center screen along with the meridian speakers.
Congrats on the new truck! Dont sweat the small stuff. There's lots of goodness there.

clownsmashd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - LE Green/20" AT/BM -- Chevy BOLT EUV
Occupation
Data Scientist/Engineer
Clubs

Won't be able to consider this cover lockable because of the escape button in the bed. Since you can squeeze between the velcro it is possible to get in between the cover and press the button which opens the tailgate.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Jason765

First Name
Jason Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Operations
I wrote my guide last week and asked for a refund to my manual tonneau. She says "I am working on your refund now. "
I'd be willing to purchase it from you once it arrives for a reasonable price + shipping. I venture to bet there may be a decent secondary market for them. I was a pre-price hike reservation holder who did not select the manual tonneau, thinking I could add the automated one-post delivery once a fix arrived. My guide informed me if I would like to manual tonneau, I would have to pay full price on the gear shop once it's available, which I believe will be around $1800.

Tampa R1T

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I'd be willing to purchase it from you once it arrives for a reasonable price + shipping. I venture to bet there may be a decent secondary market for them. I was a pre-price hike reservation holder who did not select the manual tonneau, thinking I could add the automated one-post delivery once a fix arrived. My guide informed me if I would like to manual tonneau, I would have to pay full price on the gear shop once it's available, which I believe will be around $1800.
My request was to cancel the order for the manual tonneau which has been unfulfilled since December, and receive a refund for the payment.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Moving the grain inside the cab when its wet until the cover comes in.

Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T IMG_1161.JPG
Sponsored