First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
This forum on many levels has turned into a lot of whiners and tons of terrible information..

like the first person who showed the drone video and suggested Amazon might not take there vans.
c’mon man…grow up
Lol, I was the one who posted the video. Sorry that you misunderstood the post, I’ll clarify.

I prefaced it with “This could explain why Rivian wants out of the exclusive deal - Amazon is not taking delivery?”

I was referring to FUTURE deliveries of vehicles in 2023 and it was finished with a question mark - that’s not a statement, it’s a question.

Amazon has closed or delayed 99 warehouse facilities and has laid off 27,000 people in the past few months. It’s entirely possible that Amazon is not taking delivery of future volume as originally planned, and that’s why. Rivian needs to find new customers.

And your rant about delivery is just plain WRONG. As others said, Amazon EDV is DELIVERED at the Normal factory. Had you taken the time to read the work agreement, you would know that.

cmon grow up, man, stop calling people out when you don’t even have your own facts straight.

Transportation.

(A) Delivery.

(i) With respect to Product units sold in (and designated for use in) the United States, unless otherwise agreed by the Parties, Rivian will arrange for Product units to be delivered to the US Inspection Location (as defined below in Section 3.7(A)(i)).

3.7 Post-Production Product Inspection and Acceptance; Rejection of Product Units.

(A) Inspection and Acceptance.

(i) Product Units Delivered in the United States. For Product units delivered by Rivian or a third party engaged by Rivian or Amazon in the United States, Amazon will have the right at the Rivian Manufacturing Facility (assuming final assembly occurs at the Rivian Manufacturing Facility)
Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Lol, I was the one who posted the video. Sorry that you misunderstood the post, I’ll clarify.

I prefaced it with “This could explain why Rivian wants out of the exclusive deal - Amazon is not taking delivery?”

I was referring to FUTURE deliveries of vehicles in 2023 and it was finished with a question mark - that’s not a statement, it’s a question.

Amazon has closed or delayed 99 warehouse facilities and has laid off 27,000 people in the past few months. It’s entirely possible that Amazon is not taking delivery of future volume as originally planned, and that’s why. Rivian needs to find new customers.

And your rant about delivery is just plain WRONG. As others said, Amazon EDV is DELIVERED at the Normal factory. Had you taken the time to read the work agreement, you would know that.

cmon grow up, man, stop calling people out when you don’t even have your own facts straight.

Transportation.

(A) Delivery.

(i) With respect to Product units sold in (and designated for use in) the United States, unless otherwise agreed by the Parties, Rivian will arrange for Product units to be delivered to the US Inspection Location (as defined below in Section 3.7(A)(i)).

3.7 Post-Production Product Inspection and Acceptance; Rejection of Product Units.

(A) Inspection and Acceptance.

(i) Product Units Delivered in the United States. For Product units delivered by Rivian or a third party engaged by Rivian or Amazon in the United States, Amazon will have the right at the Rivian Manufacturing Facility (assuming final assembly occurs at the Rivian Manufacturing Facility)
I don’t think it’s because Amazon isn’t planning on 100K eventual deliveries. Yes, short term, business is slower, but 2030 planning is entirely different.

Rivian wants non-exclusivity because they can produce more than 10K EDVs per year and they don’t want to be bottlenecked by Amazon

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
Zoidz

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I don’t think it’s because Amazon isn’t planning on 100K eventual deliveries. Yes, short term, business is slower, but 2030 planning is entirely different.

Rivian wants non-exclusivity because they can produce more than 10K EDVs per year and they don’t want to be bottlenecked by Amazon
Yes, agree..... as I stated above, I was referring to 2023 volume.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
So much conjecture and stupid comments..Units are "delivered" when they are paid for. Units are "produced" when they are ready for delivery. 2000+ units were actually manufactured last quarter and not delivered because they we're missing parts..NONE were counted as delivered or manufactured ...This IS RJ counting, not Elon Musk. His numbers have always been dubious
There is lots of info in the quarterly reports if you actually read them...
Just spitballing, but seems like your keyboard could use a good cleaning, or perhaps replacement.

Cause your period key seems a bit sticky. Or stuckey. Pun intended.

I’d also guess that your caps lock key is next up.

Conjecture and stupid comments are our specialty.

Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
"New Drone Video of Normal Plant Campus - Must be $25M - $35M worth of vehicles"

Figuring $80,000/vehicle, that's roughly 400 vehicles? Or about 2 days of production? Doesn't seem like a lot when you put it in context that way ...

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

That's RJs truck. He's out inspecting the line
Nah, RJ's is Limestone, like all us discerning users.
@COdogman's truck is Silver.
Man I hope you get it soon but we'll sure miss you when you're out there driving the ship out of it...

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

More conjecture (from a guy who used to work at a car factory): The R1's in the lot farther from the plant (farther north) appear to be ready to ship. It reminds me of the ready-to-ship lot at Honda Marysville. Vehicles are neatly parked and widely spaced to prevent door dings. No double parking. Each and every R1 in this lot is immediately accessible for loading onto a truck or train.

Now consider the lot closer to the plant. Some vehicles are double parked. All vehicles are parked much closer together. i suspect that these vehicles are not ready to ship (waiting for parts, need a repair, etc.). Maybe some (but not all) are just waiting to be moved to the shipping lots.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Seeing all the white vans has me hoping we get news they have a big order with someone else "USPS?" or they will be selling to the public now. Either way I'm just hoping something comes to bring the stock back up.

Sponsored

Cycleman

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe, Jeep Wrangler
I was able to snag a R1T launch last week from the shop and I started the 8step, not yet finished, and to my surprise they called and said it was ready for delivery. Really pushing out these trucks to get Q1 numbers favorable I imagine.
The same thing happened to me this week!!!

carmigo

Site Sponsor
First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rivian in the easiest way possible.
New Drone Video posted on YouTube. I didn't even try to count the number of vehicles sitting there, but it's alot, especially EDVs. This could explain why Rivian wants out of the exclusive deal - Amazon is not taking delivery? White ones could ship to anybody immediately?

Just need to attach one of those claw machine handles to your drone and fly over in the dead of night...

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Looking promising. I do see a lot of uncovered beds though guess the manual cover is still in the works.
We took delivery in December. Our guide said the manual tonneau is still not ready and will likely ship as an accessory item, like rails, mats, etc. It won’t be on the truck at the factory. Service Center seemed to back this up hinting it may be produced by a third party, like the rails.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Just spitballing, but seems like your keyboard could use a good cleaning, or perhaps replacement.

Cause your period key seems a bit sticky. Or stuckey. Pun intended.

I’d also guess that your caps lock key is next up.

Conjecture and stupid comments are our specialty.
P
The comments in this thread are turning out to be pretty DoA (Dumb on Arrival), even for our neck of the woods!
Sponsored