kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

We did a road trip last year and Great Sand Dunes was probably one of our most favorite spots because of how unique the location was. Sand dunes (remind you of the Morocco or Egypt) and behind it the Rockies. We had a blast and one of the very FEW National parts that are very dog friendly.

Rivian R1T R1S New Official Rivian Adventure Network and Charging Station Info 1621566007474

Rivian R1T R1S New Official Rivian Adventure Network and Charging Station Info 1621566026436

Rivian R1T R1S New Official Rivian Adventure Network and Charging Station Info 1621566062571

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

We did a road trip last year and Great Sand Dunes was probably one of our most favorite spots because of how unique the location was. Sand dunes (remind you of the Morocco or Egypt) and behind it the Rockies. We had a blast and one of the very FEW National parts that are very dog friendly.

1621566007474.png

1621566026436.png

1621566062571.png
We were mapping out places we go to often, and without RAN that would be one tougher place to get (we live in Golden CO). When it's done it will be easy. My wife and I got engaged at the sand dunes. Excited to drive medano pass when we get an R1T.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
We are currently heading back to Seattle after an awesome first time to Yellowstone for a long Father's Day weekend. Geeked out all along the way noting where the RAN chargers will be. I can still see my wife and Mother-in-law ???.

According to the Map there should be one in West Yellowstone, one in the park itself near the lake, and one down in Jackson past the Tetons.

Also, since I took the early shift driving from West Yellowstone five-ish hours to Frenchtown, MT I've been killing time trying to find City or County Agenda minutes similar to Salida, CO with no luck.

Anyone else had any luck? ?

If you haven't driven through the Tetons...do it! Or wait until you get your R1...if you can. ?✌?

Yellowstone is amazing in its own right, but the Tetons are magnificent. Also, was given a tip by a Ranger to check out Beartooth Highway next time, arguably the best vistas anywhere.

(Quick snap at the gas station while we pulled off for a rest in Vantage, WA just across the Columbia River on I-90.)

Rivian R1T R1S New Official Rivian Adventure Network and Charging Station Info 16242294505553602838662641216689

Last edited:

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
We are currently heading back to Seattle after an awesome first time to Yellowstone for a long Father's Day weekend. Geeked out all along the way noting where the RAN chargers will be. I can still see my wife and Mother-in-law ???.

According to the Map there should be one in West Yellowstone, one in the park itself near the lake, and one down in Jackson past the Tetons.

Also, since I took the early shift driving from West Yellowstone five-ish hours to Frenchtown, MT I've been killing time trying to find City or County Agenda minutes similar to Salida, CO with no luck.

Anyone else had any luck? ?

If you haven't driven through the Tetons...do it! Or wait until you get your R1...if you can. ?✌?

Yellowstone is amazing in its own right, but the Tetons are magnificent. Also, was given a tip by a Ranger to check out Beartooth Highway next time, arguably the best vistas anywhere.

(Quick snap at the gas station while we pulled off for a rest in Vantage, WA just across the Columbia River on I-90.)

16242294505553602838662641216689.jpg
"Breezed" through there last Sunday on my solo cross country from Pacific to Atlantic and back in 11 days. Drove 6340 miles and actually did my longest drive in one day of 1230 miles. Again, I-90 of course or it would have been much more on any other interstate east to west or the opposite.

I'm looking forward to doing it again with the R1T. Of course I won't be able to do it in 3-1/2 days like I did in my new Ridgeline.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Not officially RAN News but a Pivotal PNW EA Station officially went online this morning for all vehicles using CCS! (And a handful of locals that have ChaDeMo I guess?!?)

Leavenworth, WA! The magical Bavarian town nestled on the east side of the Cascades along HWY 2.

There will also be a RAN Station somewhere near here according to the recent RAN Google Mapping Guesstimation success.

FWIW there's a pretty significantly sized Tesla Supercharger station right by McDonalds and that has helped bring EV's up to and through this area of the cascades for the last few years.

It's gonna be soooo awesome! ?

Rivian R1T R1S New Official Rivian Adventure Network and Charging Station Info Screenshot_20210712-154954

Last edited:

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Love it! Does anyone know if Rivian Dad is a member here?
Heya @skyote. That's me, and yes, I frequent this forum.... Ok, I obsess over this forum - and anything Rivian... :)

I'm super happy to see these comments and links to the videos. I've intentionally avoided posting any of my videos on this forum so as not to run afoul of the user guidelines (and common self-promotion decency) but I'm glad to see that they are going to a good audience!! Thanks again.

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
We were mapping out places we go to often, and without RAN that would be one tougher place to get (we live in Golden CO). When it's done it will be easy. My wife and I got engaged at the sand dunes. Excited to drive medano pass when we get an R1T.
Let's do a caravan!!

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker

1621566007474.png

1621566026436.png

1621566062571.png
My kids are super exited about this one. We didn't even know about it even though we've driven right past several times!

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞
"Breezed" through there last Sunday on my solo cross country from Pacific to Atlantic and back in 11 days. Drove 6340 miles and actually did my longest drive in one day of 1230 miles. Again, I-90 of course or it would have been much more on any other interstate east to west or the opposite.

I'm looking forward to doing it again with the R1T. Of course I won't be able to do it in 3-1/2 days like I did in my new Ridgeline.
Charger locations will be a challenge?
Sponsored