Sponsored

New Princeton, NJ Service Center coming?

Rubicon789

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance; Minivan
Occupation
Pilot
I was driving Route 1 in Princeton NJ the other day and saw a R1T and a Service Van parked at the closed gate of this old Mini Cooper Dealership. Maybe it's a clue to opening a new service center in NJ. This property has been unoccupied for several years and totally fits the bill as Tesla and Polestar are right down the street.

FIngers Crossed!
Sponsored

Reactions: Guy

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Rivians Service Center map lists Carlstadt, Edison, and Trenton as future NJ locations. Not sure how concrete those are though, maybe Edison and Princeton are close enough? Looking forward to any of them opening.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

This is good to know. I would hope that if they plan to open by the end of this year (two years after Brooklyn opened) then permits etc should be going through now so work can start renovating.

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

That would be great, my company has an office in East Windsor that I'm at weekly, would be fairly easy to get there. One of my co-workers at that office mentioned that some electric car service center was going in in Princeton, the way it was described, I thought it was Lucid, but maybe is Rivian... Please give me something other than Brooklyn!

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

That would be great, my company has an office in East Windsor that I'm at weekly, would be fairly easy to get there. One of my co-workers at that office mentioned that some electric car service center was going in in Princeton, the way it was described, I thought it was Lucid, but maybe is Rivian... Please give me something other than Brooklyn!
Both Edison and Trenton are listed on their website. As long as one is built in this area it will help suburban Philadelphia. Brooklyn has to cover such a huge area and population and is a bad location or time and expense for most people.

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I’m still hoping for the location that seems like it’s near NJTP Exit 6. Where the dot is is near the nexus of the NJTP/I-95 (and the eastern end of the PATP), US RT 130 & I-295. IMHO that’s a win for a lot of folks!

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I’m still hoping for the location that seems like it’s near NJTP Exit 6. Where the dot is is near the nexus of the NJTP/I-95 (and the eastern end of the PATP), US RT 130 & I-295. IMHO that’s a win for a lot of folks!
Agree, I just hope we start to hear something more concrete than spotting two Rivian vehicles near a location! They have had plenty of time to plan and start the permit process.

OP
OP

Rubicon789

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance; Minivan
Occupation
Pilot
We shall see. It seems like it would be a great location though. I'll keep an eye out for more details.

Reactions: Guy

tplociniak

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, VW Atlas
Occupation
Construction Manager
Can't wait for a NJ location, even if its same distance drive for me, not driving into Brooklyn will make me happy.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

It could also end up being a temporary location until one of the full time ones open.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

It could also end up being a temporary location until one of the full time ones open.
Possible, I would hope the temporary ones would appear much quicker. Wilmington Delaware would also be a good spot for a temporary center.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Possible, I would hope the temporary ones would appear much quicker. Wilmington Delaware would also be a good spot for a temporary center.
I would guess the former Mini dealership in Princeton would make a better temporary location based on geography to the proposed permanent locations, its about 10 minutes from Trenton and 30-40 minutes from Edison, which would work pretty well for potential full time employees in that area. Wilmington DE would be more of a hike for prospective full time NJ employees from those areas.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I would guess the former Mini dealership in Princeton would make a better temporary location based on geography to the proposed permanent locations, its about 10 minutes from Trenton and 30-40 minutes from Edison, which would work pretty well for potential full time employees in that area. Wilmington DE would be more of a hike for prospective full time NJ employees from those areas.
Agreed. I was suggesting Wilmington as another location to help cover the large Philly suburban area.

Rivian01

First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I'm located in northern Delaware, so Trenton is much more palatable than Brooklyn. I asked Customer Service if they had any rough timeline or target opening for a Trenton area Service Center. Not super helpful but sharing the response anyway:

Hi Rivian01,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I hope all is well.

We do not have immediate plans to open a Service Center in Trenton. We do have a Service Center is Brooklyn. We will be opening additional Service Centers within the USA in 2023. Stay tuned!

We have been expanding our mobile service unit. Mobile Service is a convenient and worry-free way for our customers to have their vehicles serviced and repaired. Rather than customers coming to us, we will travel to the location of your adventure, including your office or driveway.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch. It’d be a joy for us to help.

Stay curious,
D.
Weekdays: 7 AM-8 PM (CST)
Weekends: 10:30 AM-7 PM (CST)

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I'm located in northern Delaware, so Trenton is much more palatable than Brooklyn. I asked Customer Service if they had any rough timeline or target opening for a Trenton area Service Center. Not super helpful but sharing the response anyway:

Hi Rivian01,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I hope all is well.

We do not have immediate plans to open a Service Center in Trenton. We do have a Service Center is Brooklyn. We will be opening additional Service Centers within the USA in 2023. Stay tuned!

We have been expanding our mobile service unit. Mobile Service is a convenient and worry-free way for our customers to have their vehicles serviced and repaired. Rather than customers coming to us, we will travel to the location of your adventure, including your office or driveway.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch. It’d be a joy for us to help.

Stay curious,
D.
Weekdays: 7 AM-8 PM (CST)
Weekends: 10:30 AM-7 PM (CST)
Thanks for the update. I tried searching for permits for Edison and Trenton but had no luck. At least if permits had been issued there would be a chance of opening in 2023.
Sponsored