First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
Did you ever find out information or get to see a R1S? My original plan was to install three car seats in the middle row like the way I have it in my Odyssey, but the R1S is a little narrower and there are only two sets of Latches. You can probably do two car seats and one little booster seat if needed. It might be hard to get in between the car seats to buckle up the kid in the booster seat though.

For my upcoming road trip at the end of the month (Los Angeles to Portland), I plan on having the baby car seat in the middle row with Momma, and two big comfy car seats in the third row. This will make it comfy for the little ones in the back so they can nap.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any pictures. I thought for sure it would fit three across since the Odyssey could do it so easily.
Update - My drive was SO good. I immediately went into the 2nd row and started playing with configurations on how 3 car seats would fit and be the easiest way to do things.

IMO the best option if you do have 3 car seats is, 2 of them in the middle and you have the passenger side 2nd row seat that folds by itself, you can fold that flat and move up pretty far so that way you can have the 3rd car seat be in the 3rd row for easy access for your kiddo. This is by far the best configuration for 3 car seat house holds.

Either way, I am so excited to get our R1S. I did a walk through of the lot and looked at all the colorways, there were easily 20+ or so R1T/R1S ready for delivery. I actually witness a couple get their Canyon Red R1S with Ocean Coast interior delivered. Huge smiles all around.

We are currently in talks about just purchasing a used R1S sooner rather than later instead of waiting for Dual Motor which will be easily next year some time. New addition to the family comes in October so.

I already found a few R1S's that are around the $94-96k mark which isn't too bad for our current situation. But we'll see..

freejack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Rivian R1S
We are currently in talks about just purchasing a used R1S sooner rather than later instead of waiting for Dual Motor which will be easily next year some time. New addition to the family comes in October so.

I already found a few R1S's that are around the $94-96k mark which isn't too bad for our current situation. But we'll see..
This is what we did. I may trade it in for a dual motor (for the range) when mine gets built next year if the trade-in value is ok. Glad I pulled the trigger early because we're enjoying the heck out of this car.
Sponsored