First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Can't wait for the cavalcade of amateur renderings we will get as a result of this, followed by articles featuring said renderings from various "news" outlets with headlines like IS THIS WHAT THE UPCOMING RIVIAN R2 WILL LOOK LIKE??!?!!??
From the picture, we can sleep tonight knowing it is not shaped like this

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian colors EVERGREEN and SLATE revealed by RJ on "Ask Rivian" segment (watch inside) 1685126121438
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

they also showed a couple of other exterior new colors (though not mentioned) and looks like CY is gone - probably a good thing. looks like a tan/light beige and a turquoise/emerald color.
I'm not sure that's going to be true, this might not be all of the colors available.

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian colors EVERGREEN and SLATE revealed by RJ on "Ask Rivian" segment (watch inside) 1685125518536

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

From the picture, we can sleep tonight knowing it is not shaped like this

1685126121438.png
I just hope this R2 clay model is a half model because otherwise the back end is going to taper down to about 6 inches wide.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I like the loud colors, too! It’s not like only muted colors are found in nature. I’d like to see something like this (Cactus Flower Orange?), maybe with a light metallic like in Limestone or Launch Green.
IMG_2226.jpeg
Totally. For those who think nature doesn’t make loud colors they should take up scuba and go on a few reef night dives. I’ve never seen so many crazy colors including phosphorescent fish.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Totally. For those who think nature doesn’t make loud colors they should take up scuba and go on a few reef night dives. I’ve never seen so many crazy colors including phosphorescent fish.
If Rivian does a phosphorescent paint I'm in.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Seems like Tesla and Rivian colors are always on the dark side of the spectrum.

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

😴 To me, that was the least interesting of all the "Ask Rivian" sessions so far. What did you all think of it?

If that's all they're doing that was a massive let down.

At least answer 10 questions? I mean I feel like it should have been some more rapid fire stuff, not everything needed to be "onsite" to show a vehicle or anything else, just sit RJ at a desk and let him answer 10 questions in a row, it would have been far more valuable

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Cannot wait to formally place a reservation for my “R2-D2”!
That would be R2-S2. You'd have to buy the truck and then you can call it R2-T2.

Sponsored

gerrylum

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Director of Marketing
Clubs

yeah, though it may be good to ask how this news affects their strategy for rolling out RAN. I would hope this just lights a fire under then to roll out faster. Also, if Tesla continues rolling out the massive dongle, then the whole Ford-Tesla tie up seems kind of pointless to me.
If by "massive dongle" you mean the Magic Dock, then the Ford announcement might make that all moot anyways. It sounds like in the interim between now and when Ford actually integrates the NACS connector into their vehicles, they will be providing Tesla-supplied NACS to CCS adapters for their current lineup.

There's no reason that other OEMs couldn't use that same adapter other than software. If that adapter is widely available it makes the Magic Dock superfluous.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I guess I can't figure out these fancy social media sites. I only see a 4 week old Ask Rivian with Wassym and a 10-second RJ clip saying he's excited to answer questions.
You're not the only one. I heard Twitter had issues a few days ago.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Updated with the Ask Rivian segment where new colors Evergreen and Slate are revealed.

I like that green better than the LE green.

OP
OP
Marchin_MTB

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

If by "massive dongle" you mean the Magic Dock, then the Ford announcement might make that all moot anyways. It sounds like in the interim between now and when Ford actually integrates the NACS connector into their vehicles, they will be providing Tesla-supplied NACS to CCS adapters for their current lineup.

There's no reason that other OEMs couldn't use that same adapter other than software. If that adapter is widely available it makes the Magic Dock superfluous.
Yes, I assume that it was trademarked so they had to pivot to Magic Dock :)

I’ve wondered about this too. This might make the MD superfluous like you are saying, or Tesla could pursue both strategies.

rydb

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE
Clubs

yeah, though it may be good to ask how this news affects their strategy for rolling out RAN. I would hope this just lights a fire under then to roll out faster. Also, if Tesla continues rolling out the massive dongle, then the whole Ford-Tesla tie up seems kind of pointless to me.
considering how mediocre CCS charging is, they shouldn't have needed any additional fire lit under them to motivate them to build as quickly as possible, but CCS is a stupid bulky connector and I'd rather everything just use NACS on the merits of its design. CCS is just what happens when something is designed by committee. We have J1772 and we need to add DC fast charging, ok so just tack it on, who cares that now we have this comically awkward and massive connector that will get constantly dropped and broken.
Sponsored