Sponsored

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
I was hoping for a burst of color from Rivian to match the fun dynamic of the vehicle itself.I am a 2021 Maxpac, compass yellow holdout and had hoped in my multi-year wait to have an option. Gloomy Green and Gloomy Gray instead of Grabber Orange and Cherry Red. How depressing we as a society have become!
Rivian’s color choices must reflect the brand, which is adventure and outdoors. Many of the better colors would qualify as sporty, or race track. We’re not going to get a saturated yellow, or… basically any Jeep color. We’re going to get island mist, ancient sandstorm, Easter Island fungi, and flatulent porpoise.
Sponsored

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
I predict a lot of "Will Rivian follow Ford and get rid of the crappy CCS connectors in favor of the far superior NACS?" while all of the people ignore that it's probably already been answered with "Rivian has no plans to do that at this time" because that's all RJ is allowed to say if he even responds to it.
You just made that up.
Rivian would be smart to follow suit for survivability and customer experience.
Point in fact, 1st road trip in my R1t I experienced 2 non functioning EVGO stations and ended up at one of the very few Tesla magicdock stations which although expensive (.50/kWh) was reliable and fast on 2 visits. I have just enough range to potentially make it home today without charging again…

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rivian would be smart to follow suit for survivability and customer experience.
I disagree. Tesla should just put in the magic dock stations like they've been alluding to for the past several years.

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
I disagree. Tesla should just put in the magic dock stations like they've been alluding to for the past several years.
Yeah, “alluding to” means nothing practically. They are doing the bare minimum in making promises to open their network to collect huge government subsidies. There are less than 10 sites open to “other EVs” currently. What’s their business motivation to move faster and annoy their own customers.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Trying to get back on topic ... do the Magic Dock chargers have a different color scheme (for easy identification)?

Sponsored

ARegularGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 40e, VW Atlas
Occupation
FanBoi
Can we get a limited edition for St. Patrick's Day kelly green color? I mean if we're covering the various hues of green you can't leave out Kelly green!!!

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
That evergreen looks really dope. My Forest Green felt like a consolation prize for just missing the LE cutoff, and now I'm going to have the 3rd best green soon.
Uh. Forest Green is by far the best color in Rivians past present and future lineup.

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

Uh. Forest Green is by far the best color in Rivians past present and future lineup.
Glad you think so. I loved it at first but am getting less enthused over time. It looks good sprayed with mud but not just normal dirty dirty, and I'm seeing a lot of them around -- I wanna be special, you know?

Still considering a matte wrap or something, I guess.
Sponsored