Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Just got the following:

Hi Joshua,

Rivian is initiating a customer satisfaction campaign for some model year 2022 R1S and R1T vehicles that may have been built with inadequate interference between the halfshaft splines and the wheel hubs.

This notice applies to your vehicle, VIN: XXXXXXXXX3192

What is the problem?
If there is inadequate interference between the halfshaft splines and the wheel hubs, this may result in a loss of torque of the halfshaft bolt and subsequent noise and/or separation of the bolt and wheel center cap. Without this bolt there may be additional movement of the components and/or noise but will not result in any changes in the performance of the vehicle.

What will Rivian do?
Your Rivian Mobile Service Technician or Rivian Service Center will replace the halfshaft bolts and torque them to a higher specification to improve interference and bolt retention. In addition, washers will be installed on the halfshafts to reduce potential noise, free of charge.

What should you do?
Please call (855) 748-4265 to schedule the service repair. The estimated service time will be approximately 3 hours, please plan accordingly.

If you have further questions, please call Rivian Service at 855-748-4265.

Thank you for your attention to this important matter. The quality and safety of your vehicle is of the utmost importance to us.
Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Interesting. Haven't received this. JJ- do you have some rattle/noise in front suspension especially under 25 with road imperfections like uneven concrete road panels or small potholes?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

i wonder if if means newer VINs are already torqued higher and have washers or this is just a solution for older VINs and they redesigned newer builds in a different way?

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Interesting. Haven't received this. JJ- do you have some rattle/noise in front suspension especially under 25 with road imperfections like uneven concrete road panels or small potholes?
I did have the low speed tick/tock but they fixed that a couple weeks back when they completely rebuilt my rear end. I haven't noticed anything else, definitely not eager to take it in for service again so soon...

Sponsored

PurpleTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I did have the low speed tick/tock but they fixed that a couple weeks back when they completely rebuilt my rear end. I haven't noticed anything else, definitely not eager to take it in for service again so soon...
Completely rebuilt rear end? What happened? Cracked subframe + rear half shafts?

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Completely rebuilt rear end? What happened? Cracked subframe + rear half shafts?
Yeah and dampers and disconnect knuckle. I've got a thread on it here with the service list.

PurpleTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yeah and dampers and disconnect knuckle. I've got a thread on it here with the service list.
So I had rear subframe crack and spline with rear half shafts issues too. They replaced that a few months ago. I think I just started to hearing it AGAIN after 3000 miles ..... Also didn't do any hardcore off roading(SC also told me nothing I did would cause it back then)

I wish I got the email you have so they can just take another look without questioning my judgement. I had to beg them twice before to take a look at the rear clunking issue, cuz they always used excuse "this is a big vehicle. Noise is normal. Internet forum people don't know what they are talking about"

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I believe the subframes are now cast verse the original ones that were welded together (From the teardown in Munroes video). I mean, less welds, more of it is one piece from what I understand.

Sponsored

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
i have not received this either and i drove my truck from the factory to California putting on over 2500 miles. I still cannot feel any knocking or tocking during acceleration and i launched it a few times. Vin ~16870, December '22 build.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I didn't get it but I also had a bolt fall out about a year ago so it's possible they already consider mine dealt with? Our VINs are very close together.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Don’t see it on NHTSA yet either - may take a bit to show up. Good to know

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
i just got my R1S (3300 vin) back from the SC yesterday because I lost AWD and it went into turtle mode…as well as there was a weird thumping sound (like a flat tire) from the rear. They said it was a half shaft issue and they had to replace some parts.
Irritated me a little because they kind of blew it off like it was no big deal… but sure doesn’t seem like it.

OKRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T 10xxx
I have not received that notification but just scheduled my truck in for service again yesterday. One of the service items to be addressed was the continued tocking and other noises from the rear of my truck. I noticed on the work order that they added what is described in the notification. Really hope to see some improvement here.

Concern:
- Perform FSAM-1091
Cause:
-
Correction/Remedy:
- Install washers on 4 halfshafts
Labor: Time (Hours): Labor Time Cost:
0 $0.00
Pay Type:
Field Service Action
Sublet:
No