Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I don't think they did. When I start from a stop, I definitely get a hard click/clunk at all four hubs.
Put in a ticket so it’s logged…need more eyes and ears at Rivian on this.
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Is anyone with a new vehicle having these issues or is the implementation of these fixes into the manufacture now preventing them.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

VIN: 19xxx, manufactured Feb 2023.

my service appointment finally came up yesterday. i had several other smaller issues that i had added to my appointment other than the low speed creak/tick sound. the service rep who came out to greet me had her tablet with all my items. she went through them one by one asking questions for more details and going to the area of the vehicle to discuss. except for the creak/tick item. she read it out loud and then just moved onto the next one. i was expecting a test drive to try to replicate.

i found that kinda interesting and funny and makes me think they know its been an issue and have some things they will do. in any case, just hoping it gets resolved and doesnt come back as "within normal tolerances"

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Quick update. they said the camber bolt was not torqued to spec. they tightened and the clicking went away. will pick up on Monday to confirm if its fixed.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Quick update. they said the camber bolt was not torqued to spec. they tightened and the clicking went away. will pick up on Monday to confirm if its fixed.
Interesting. Not sure what bolt they would identify as a camber bolt.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
They could say anything….”Your Johnson rod was positioned incorrectly…”.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Dunno. It was a voicemail so plan to get more details when I pick up.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Dunno. It was a voicemail so plan to get more details when I pick up.
They do seem to have issues with torquing bolts correctly as this is not the first time this has happened. Led to one of the first recalls I believe.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Did you do a drive with a service tech? My guess is the tech should drive so they can experience it
What annoys me the most is in my case I did do a drive with a service tech.

The service tech noticed it before we even got out of the parking lot.

But, I still got the vehicle back unfixed. WTF?

Now I do blame myself 100% because I should drove it around the block a few times to ensure that the problem was gone before driving off at the service appointment.

I did make another appointment, but its 3 months from now (4 months from when I made it). This time around I'll do better.

Sponsored

PoorDick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Karma, 2019 Colorado, 2022 C40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
VIN # 32xx and just received the email also (Aug 4). Never heard any unusual noises and have had the truck since March of 22 and just turned 6,000 miles, so perhaps it takes a while for the issue to appear. Wish they could fix it on a mobile visit since I'm over 2 hours away, but I need to have the tires rotated so might as well get it all done at once.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Only because it is easier on a lift that it would be in a driveway.
I just had the washer treatment redone via mobile in SA. The original campaign washers had a coating that wore off and also tech said they already had wear. He said the washers he put on have a tougher coating. I watched him put them in…The washers hold the shaft in the correct position on the hub. If my loud popping metal tinging type sounds return, he said he can put in an engineering ticket to replace hubs and shafts. But for now it’s quiet…🤞🏻

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I just had the washer treatment redone via mobile in SA. The original campaign washers had a coating that wore off and also tech said they already had wear. He said the washers he put on have a tougher coating. I watched him put them in…The washers hold the shaft in the correct position on the hub. If my loud popping metal tinging type sounds return, he said he can put in an engineering ticket to replace hubs and shafts. But for now it’s quiet…🤞🏻
.... I was driving down a narrow alley this afternoon and the tok was present between light acceleration/regen .....

I also have this wierd suspension rattle in the front drivers corner that developed a couple months in, but they went through the suspension etc and couldn't find anything wrong. I have a feeling it's potentially something internal if not the suspension itself like perhaps a coolant line or something that isn't fully secured in that corner knocking against something on abrupt changes in road surface.

2023 MFR date January 2023, delivery March 2023 VIN 18XXX

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
.... I was driving down a narrow alley this afternoon and the tok was present between light acceleration/regen .....

I also have this wierd suspension rattle in the front drivers corner that developed a couple months in, but they went through the suspension etc and couldn't find anything wrong. I have a feeling it's potentially something internal if not the suspension itself like perhaps a coolant line or something that isn't fully secured in that corner knocking against something on abrupt changes in road surface.

2023 MFR date January 2023, delivery March 2023 VIN 18XXX
I think mild tock is from the motor and normal for earlier builds. My noise was this…

Sponsored