Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I don't need this to get in and out but I think it will help keep the seat wear down if it pull sback and down a bit before I get out.
Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I'd much prefer a fix where it automatically assumes the FOB is the default profile when it is present. My partner and I get in the truck together all the time and it ALWAYS chooses their profile over mine because I refuse to leave BT enabled on my phone, while my partner has theirs on. I use the FOB with the truck all the time, but it always picks an active phone over the FOB, so every time I get in I get all squished up in the driver's seat since I'm 8" taller than my partner.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
It's not very useable in current form unless you have limited movement programmed. All of the 4-5 movements happen sequentially and they need to be somewhat simultaneous. At the very least there is no reason the wheel can't be moving while the seat does. It can take 10 seconds before it completes after you pull the door handle to start it.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

It's not very useable in current form unless you have limited movement programmed. All of the 4-5 movements happen sequentially and they need to be somewhat simultaneous. At the very least there is no reason the wheel can't be moving while the seat does. It can take 10 seconds before it completes after you pull the door handle to start it.
Yikes, kinda nuts they did it that way. The implementation in my Corvette does all moves simultaneously and is pretty quick.

Sponsored

TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

Yes - that is also what I am getting.
Thing that is kind of frustrating is that not only does the roomy entry not work, it also disabled the ability to restore a seat position. So all the saved positions are not operable.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Yikes, kinda nuts they did it that way. The implementation in my Corvette does all moves simultaneously and is pretty quick.
Well, I will correct that it actually starts upon unbuckling (I was already when I set it up and was testing it). So, it's still a pause/wait, but not as bad.

The other thing that is worth pointing out is that the height adjustment of the wheel is limited by the driver display. I'm 6'0"", and I drive with it already in the highest position, so this feature doesn't allow for it moving up and farther out of the way as in other vehicles. I don't need it really, but worth noting.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Does anyone know if the updates are available at different times for R1S vs. R1T? Still not available here.

krsoundtek

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Anyone else have “Not Available Until Serviced” on the roomy entry option following the update.
Yes and now unable to save changes to side mirror and steering wheel memory. Tried both types of resets but still not working. Submitted the issue to RIVIAN service and they said it will require a visit to the service center to resolve.

TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

Yes and now unable to save changes to side mirror and steering wheel memory. Tried both types of resets but still not working. Submitted the issue to RIVIAN service and they said it will require a visit to the service center to resolve.
I got a mobile service appointment Monday. Will let you know if that works.

Sponsored

RoverZac

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram
Clubs

I don't need this to get in and out but I think it will help keep the seat wear down if it pull sback and down a bit before I get out.
Yeah. They really needed an A-pillar handle as a minimum on this truck. The handle on the ceiling is useless to me. I told them back in May I'm 180 lbs and I'm going to destroy this seat in no time.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Several with these issues already. Sounds like there should be an updated update.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Several with these issues already. Sounds like there should be an updated update.
I got the error too and called service. They told me they expected it to be a patch to go out to the affected VINs

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
Mine had the error and service needed message as well.
Sponsored