Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
How many people think Rivian should have to pay the US Government back for customer EV tax credits until vampire drain is <.1% per day? Could be a pro-rata reimbursement.

I think that would properly incentivise Rivian to fix this issue.
I don't know about that... But I do think it should be factored into the EPA "MPGe" ratings.
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I feel similarly. Response from aggressive accelerator input is noticable. I feel that jabbing the accelerator pedal in All Purpose mode is more aggressive, too.

I love it, and have been driving a long way home this week to do more, eh-em, testing.
I love it too! Mine actually seemed to break rear tires slightly loose at low speed. High enjoyment factor. Going to need tires sooner than I thought....

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
How many people think Rivian should have to pay the US Government back for customer EV tax credits until vampire drain is <.1% per day? Could be a pro-rata reimbursement.

I think that would properly incentivise Rivian to fix this issue.
Absolutely not. Nothing needed as any form of added cost to reduce EV adoption. Every EV....even the "electron hog" Rivian....is worlds better than any ICE. Free market says if a customer doesn't like it, they aren't forced to buy it. So for everyone who feels that strongly about vampire drain....excersize right to show your force and don't buy one.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I love it too! Mine actually seemed to break rear tires slightly loose at low speed. High enjoyment factor. Going to need tires sooner than I thought....
If you think that's entertaining...it may be possible to spin all four off the line on wet pavement in AP mode with all the nannies still on. Note, I certainly don't advocate doing this...especially anywhere near other vehicles.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Anyone else think that not only did 2023.18 restore the sport mode acceleration, but it seems even crazier? I took the truck out for a drive this morning, and it felt almost twitchy compared to a couple versions ago when they smoothed out the sport-mode pedal response.
The launch is still decent, but playing the foot on brake and throttle then lifting off the brake game I still noticed a good half-second delay before the truck took off. When I originally got it in March there was zero delay. As soon as your foot came off the brake it launched hard. As for the twitchy pedal...it may be slightly better than it used to be, but on a rough road the lack of pedal resistance will still sometimes result in bucking because your foot will be bounced around in sport mode. Knowing it happens I can try to mitigate it, but it's definitely still there. Sport mode really shines on a smooth canyon road though!

Sponsored

scottie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ModelY
Absolutely not. Nothing needed as any form of added cost to reduce EV adoption. Every EV....even the "electron hog" Rivian....is worlds better than any ICE. Free market says if a customer doesn't like it, they aren't forced to buy it. So for everyone who feels that strongly about vampire drain....excersize right to show your force and don't buy one.
Huge government subsidies are not the *free market*, you missed the entire intent of the post. I also said Rivian should have to repay the subsidy, not the customer.

This level of vampire drain is unacceptable and Rivian needs to prioritize fixing it asap.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
One thing I was told by a tech out at my house is that the sensors for the PAAK are on the sides of the vehicle and there are blind spots in the sensing so depending on how you approach the truck depends on whether or not it wakes up right away.
That’s interesting…I’ve noticed ours works better when I approach say from the front passenger side, going around the front to the drivers door, it always seems to work great. Versus, say approaching from the rear is more problematic.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
There's a status message and you'll see your efficiency drop as it heats/cools the battery to the optimal temperature for DCFC.
Only if you have the charger set as the destination from the nav

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
In my area it means only 20-25 cents day. Do I wish it didn't have vampire drain...of course! But it's mostly a non issue

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

In my area it means only 20-25 cents day. Do I wish it didn't have vampire drain...of course! But it's mostly a non issue
Agree. I just don’t see $0.10-0.20 a day as a problem. In all reality that’s probably less than what’s lost to evaporation of gas while pumping.

Sponsored

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Huge government subsidies are not the *free market*, you missed the entire intent of the post. I also said Rivian should have to repay the subsidy, not the customer.

This level of vampire drain is unacceptable and Rivian needs to prioritize fixing it asap.
I lose about 1% per day. I charge at 14.5 cents per Kw. Not factoring any residual loss when charging that is about .18 cents a day. Even if I round up to 25 cents a day I am ok.

scottie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ModelY
I lose about 1% per day. I charge at 14.5 cents per Kw. Not factoring any residual loss when charging that is about .18 cents a day. Even if I round up to 25 cents a day I am ok.
Multiply that across a fleet of 100,000 vehicles, if Rivian can hit their targets for the year. That's a huge amount of waste, like 0.5 x Small Nuclear Reactor worth of waste. Rivian shouldn't be receiving subsidies with that type of waste. Is removing an ICE a net benefit, probably, which is why I think the rebate should remain in place for the customers.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Multiply that across a fleet of 100,000 vehicles, if Rivian can hit their targets for the year. That's a huge amount of waste, like 0.5 x Small Nuclear Reactor worth of waste. Rivian shouldn't be receiving subsidies with that type of waste. Is removing an ICE a net benefit, probably, which is why I think the rebate should remain in place for the customers.
But how much carbon emissions were saved versus if Rivian didn't exist and we all bought Raptors or TRX instead? Not all Rivian buyers were cross shopping Chevy Bolts and Nissan Leafs.

scottie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ModelY
But how much carbon emissions were saved versus if Rivian didn't exist and we all bought Raptors or TRX instead? Not all Rivian buyers were cross shopping Chevy Bolts and Nissan Leafs.
How many of those Raptors/TRXs actually sit in a garage most of the time burning 0 gasoline, while a Rivian burns energy 24 hours per day every day? There's lots of folks that use the Raptors as a toy not a daily driver.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
How many of those Raptors/TRXs actually sit in a garage most of the time burning 0 gasoline, while a Rivian burns energy 24 hours per day every day? There's lots of folks that use the Raptors as a toy not a daily driver.
I see alot more of them on my daily drives than I see Rivians, that is for sure.
Sponsored