First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Cuts due to chip shortage, including F150.

"The shutdown will start on February 7th. Among other facilities, the decision will affect the Kansas City plant where Ford produces the F-150, one of its most popular and profitable vehicles."
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Cuts due to chip shortage, including F150.

"The shutdown will start on February 7th. Among other facilities, the decision will affect the Kansas City plant where Ford produces the F-150, one of its most popular and profitable vehicles."
[sarcasm]
They must need a vacation and to limit their income because everyone on this forum knows that Covid and supply chain issues is just an excuse….
[/sarcasm]

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Whenever I see a post that is based on a complaint about waiting for a Rivian, stuff like this makes me think if the poster realizes at best it will be marginally better trying to get a different EV, and likely much worse at this point unless you are a new reservation holder.

Witty title....is that your creation? Brings back memories of an 80s childhood

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Am I an idiot because I first thought of cookies before electronics??

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Whenever I see a post that is based on a complaint about waiting for a Rivian, stuff like this makes me think if the poster realizes at best it will be marginally better trying to get a different EV, and likely much worse at this point unless you are a new reservation holder.

Witty title....is that your creation? Brings back memories of an 80s childhood
Agreed, it is comical when you get the post "I'm tired of waiting and cancelling my preorder, I JUST put money down on an _______"

So you've had a preorder since 2018 for a rivian, cancelled it, and think that your just now preorder for a cybertruck/F150 will somehow get you in a vehicle sooner? Enjoy the next 4 years... hehehe

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Part of the reason I waited till recently to put down my deposit was because I knew I would just drive myself insane waiting for the first run to be delivered. Not that I could predict what was going to happen, but in hindsight you had all kinds of things come up that made this worse for a brand new car company. A global pandemic and chip shortage were just 2 of many. No, I won’t get a truck until the end of 2023 if I’m lucky, but that’s ok. They will hopefully work out some of the initial bugs by then.?

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Sorry I bought $F and $RIVN stock on Friday, hence the plant fire and shutting down factories.
Sponsored