First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
That’s a nice design but could do without the huge patch logo on the front. We regularly carry 3-4 bikes so this would not work for me but if you’re riding solo often this is a nice option.
Similar solution that mounts to the bike rather than the tailgate is Pisgah Pad - Single Pad | Tsuga.

It's a little fussy the first couple times but you get the hang of it quickly and will work with as many bikes as you can cram on there (though it's not cheap).

I keep a couple of these in my MTB bag ready to do. You can thread a Cargo Crossbar through the triangle on most MTBs too for the best security you're gonna find on an exterior mount.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Bike Pad for R1T Tailgate - First Look! 🚴‍♀️ (updated w/ photos in use) IMG_1742

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Bike Pad for R1T Tailgate - First Look! 🚴‍♀️ (updated w/ photos in use) IMG_1743

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Bike Pad for R1T Tailgate - First Look! 🚴‍♀️ (updated w/ photos in use) IMG_1744
Sponsored

capitolm94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Is this really better than the existing options? The padding looks a bit thin, I have been super pleased with the thick pads on the raceface T2 where fork legs rest.

One thing that would be awesome is if they included quick release straps of some kind and an accessory that props the hinge cover open while you install it. Since they know the strap length ahead of time they could probably do something better than the existing options.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Bike Pad for R1T Tailgate - First Look! 🚴‍♀️ (updated w/ photos in use) 1686605895694

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It is both funny and not surprising at all that its a rapha sponsored gravel event for these photos!
My thoughts exactly. Very 'on brand' for both companies.

Ducsinarow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
buncha stuff; 2 wheels and 4, old and new.
Occupation
cat herder
I wish I wasn't so anal about my paint. Or my bike. Otherwise I'd be all over tailgate pads.
I tend to agree. I'm not willing to let a tailgate pad wear off my paint. But I'm also not willing to own a pickup without a tailgate pad. Solution? I have the local 'Starshield' installers place clear vinyl protection over the tailgate before we install the pad. It can be removed when it is time to sell the truck, and the paint remains flawless. Most of the clearshield installers now have templates available for the R1T's.
I have wrapped an entire new truck to avoid brush scratches when driving off road. It is a big investment (around $7k) but it sure does a great job of protecting the paint.

I put clear protectant on the bikes when they are new as well. Ride Wrap has a great product.

I will absolutely buy this tailgate pad if my max battery pack truck ever shows up.

Sponsored

zapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Does anyone have any news on the availability of the Rivian Tailgate Pad?

CPolism

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Allroad, Ford Edge
Occupation
Risk Management
Clubs

Does anyone have any news on the availability of the Rivian Tailgate Pad?
I’m hoping it’ll be sometime soon considering it was announced at the same time as the manual tonneau. I’ve been holding off buying a pad and just using my Kuat in the meantime.

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
Has anyone seen the price of this pad. I just got one for $+-68 - from Amazon - as I don't go mountain biking that often. I will see if it works as intended.

Do you guys think it will have the "Rivian" markup. Fox tailgate pads range from $100 - $200. Let's see how much this Rivian designed tailgate pad will be. Any guesses?

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Is it just me or does Canyon Red just get better with age?

That color is really growing on me!

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Rivian_Livin

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Stealth Black R1T
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Clubs

I just decided to pull the trigger on the Cache Basecamp, couldn't wait any longer. Great deal on backcountry. Marked down from 325 to 195. Digging the chairs so far.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Still no update on the Rivian tailgate pad, huh?

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Bike Pad for R1T Tailgate - First Look! 🚴‍♀️ (updated w/ photos in use) 1690297808702
Sponsored