Sponsored

Official Rivian Portable Charger Guide

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Yeah I know. First post and they decided to choose this one to comment on. And they didn't choose one of the more current and detailed posts about TT-30 adapters. And they didn't even read this entire thread because if they did they would know they're not adding anything to the discussion.

Makes me wonder whether there's a real person behind it. Aw, who am I kidding, I know that was a bot post ...
Sponsored

cloudyR1S

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Dec 2023 Delivery), Model X Plaid, 15 F83 M4
Rivian mobile charger doesn't work with my 2023 Model X Plaid. It charges my 2018 Model X and 2023 R1S just fine. Tesla Service center blames it on the Rivian charger. so now I need to use the tesla mobile charger and bought a Lectron NACS to J1772 adapter so I can charge both cars.

PhatDaddy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T RC PDM Max 20” ATs
Occupation
Retired IT
So for the most flexibility no matter where I wander, would the best bet be to purchase the Tesla Gen 2 NEMA mobile charger and the kit with all (or at least a large assortment) of dongles… along with a NACS to J1772 adapter. My understanding is that the Tesla unit is sophisticated enough to figure out and limit the appropriate charging amps as well as monitor and manage the thermal load. If this gives me a solution for just about any situation, it would seem to be money well spent, even if it is a bit pricey. I’m new to EVs, but won't that work on my R1T?
https://shop.tesla.com/product/nema-adapter-bundle
Sponsored