Sponsored

Option to buy F150 Lightning platinum today…

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician
Still waiting on dual motor 400 mile Rivian. Offer 98k platinum lightning f150 at MSRP. just above 98k. Multiple option deletes including smart scales, heated steering wheel, massaging seats and interior alarm. At first excited when offered Friday and put 500 dollar deposit to reserve it until Monday when I could in to dealer. Now not so excited as I contemplate 15k plus cost over price protected rivian and 100 mile less range. Told my wife I am going to turn it down. Am I turning down a good thing? I feel I am not compared to Rivian. they have a Lariat as well as a Platinum available on lot Makes me think sales are stalling or people don’t like these option deletes.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Still waiting on dual motor 400 mile Rivian. Offer 98k platinum lightning f150 at MSRP. just above 98k. Multiple option deletes including smart scales, heated steering wheel, massaging seats and interior alarm. At first excited when offered Friday and put 500 dollar deposit to reserve it until Monday when I could in to dealer. Now not so excited as I contemplate 15k plus cost over price protected rivian and 100 mile less range. Told my wife I am going to turn it down. Am I turning down a good thing? I feel I am not compared to Rivian. they have a Lariat as well as a Platinum available on lot Makes me think sales are stalling or people don’t like these option deletes.
What did your wife say?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I wouldn't take it strictly because of the steering wheel heater delete.

OP
OP

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician
My wife initially supported the purchase but soured in it when she saw all the option deletes. 98k and no massaging seats and heated steering wheel pissed her off She saiid why in the world are we paying so much more for a lightning with less range key option deletes. Hard to argue with that.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
So you're paying platinum price without having the platinum options? Fucking Ford, if you can't provide the options then DO NOT CHARGE FOR THEM. These people are crooks and I would rather be using a razor scooter to get around than buy a Ford at this point. That company isn't even hiding how much they are screwing over their customers.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
As stupid as that sounds on its face I tend to agree with you. I don't see how a company can charge for a trim level, delete all the options that make it a premium vehicle, but not lower the price at all. Muh chip shortage might have been an excuse people would buy a year ago, but their shortage of materials doesn't mean I'm going to buy a vehicle and pay for options I didn't get. To even have the balls to charge a customer for something you aren't giving them is insane to me.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Seems to me they shouldn’t be calling that a “Platinum” anymore. The Lightning is a great truck, but if you were wanting the 400 mile Rivian I wouldn’t take the scaled back Lightning with less range As a substitute.

You should do whatever is the best fit for your family.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Might not be an issue for the OP, he says he is in Green Bay, probably wearing layers of gloves and mittens anyway.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

As stupid as that sounds on its face I tend to agree with you. I don't see how a company can charge for a trim level, delete all the options that make it a premium vehicle, but not lower the price at all. Muh chip shortage might have been an excuse people would buy a year ago, but their shortage of materials doesn't mean I'm going to buy a vehicle and pay for options I didn't get. To even have the balls to charge a customer for something you aren't giving them is insane to me.
I think they give money back for the missing options, but I'm working out of memory on that from just a glancing curiosity.

I'd get pissed off knowing it was supposed to have a heated wheel and not being able to use it in the winter time every day because they couldn't secure enough chips for it. Not super necessary on near freezing days but when it's sub zero F outside, they are super nice to have.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
I think they give money back for the missing options, but I'm working out of memory on that from just a glancing curiosity.

I'd get pissed off knowing it was supposed to have a heated wheel and not being able to use it in the winter time every day because they couldn't secure enough chips for it. Not super necessary on near freezing days but when it's sub zero F outside, they are super nice to have.
I think OP said they want 98K for it. That seems like a top end platinum to me, although maybe they are just extremely proud of those things.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Don't do it, wait for the Rivian you really want. Lightning interior is very cheap, mileage is false advertising, and the charge port is in a terrible location.

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Denver, CO near Rivian and Tesla service centers
Vehicles
Tesla
If you can wait for the dual motor Rivian R1T, looks like that will be a compelling truck with more efficient in-house motors and additional range. Plus that's your lead, so you know that's what you really want!

My perspective is biased against the Ford, since the Lightning is a fundamental compromise built on a ICE platform.

Good fortunes with the decision.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Junk.
Sponsored