Options to fix the front end

Ceteris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLUR
I just placed an order for an r1t last night, but did so reluctantly because i hate the front end. The reviews of the truck got me and the rest looks amazing.

too bad about that face though. Looks like a dorky cartoon character. Bomberman comes to mind with weird oval eyes. Im becoming convinced no car maker can fully nail it, they just have to screw something up.

anyone hear of any options to fix the front end? Aftermarket bumper or at least some way to black out the oval rings and leave the lightbar. There has to be a way to fix that face.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ceteris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLUR
I like the Rivian front end. Not every vehicle needs to look the same.

Besides, we have so many damn ugly Jeeps on the road. I swear, that stupid “angry headlights” grill that 99% of Jeep owners install is ugly.
totally agree on the angry eyes and the stuff jeep owners do to ruin their jeeps does baffle me.

but the rivian front end is just off. If it was the light bar only with the more powerful headlights being placed horizontally along either side of the light bar, would have been a slam dunk. Not sure how they landed on this bomberman look

Last edited:

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gil
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Let's not forget the Star Wars Stormtrooper and Darth Vader Jeeps, lol.
1635813514145.png

1635813592495.png

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zak
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS
Occupation
Student
The short answer? No

At current, there are no specific “fixes” to the front end. I’m sure the aftermarket will provide one eventually, but for now, it is how it is

Edit: The ovals are your front turn signals, so there’s no real way to black them out without also losing your turn signals. Maybe lightly-tinted film wouldn’t be too bad, but still

OP
OP

Ceteris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLUR
The short answer? No

At current, there are no specific “fixes” to the front end. I’m sure the aftermarket will provide one eventually, but for now, it is how it is

Edit: The ovals are your front turn signals, so there’s no real way to black them out without also losing your turn signals. Maybe lightly-tinted film wouldn’t be too bad, but still
Thanks for an actual answer vs talking about random jeeps. Not sure how people thought that would be on topic but whatever.

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ike
Vehicles
'17 MX100D (4 Sale), '20 M3 SR+, '22 MYP, '22 R1T
Occupation
Parenting

Oak62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 C7 Z51
I didn't like the front end at first either, which is why it took me 2 months to place my deposit. I looked at it every day and ultimately it really grew on me. I think it gives the truck a personality and really differentiates it from others. Give it some time, maybe it'll grow on you too.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Assuming the Limestone looks like I'm expecting, I'll likely do a light tint to the horizontal bar on the front. I'll also look at disassembling the headlights if the DRL bezel looks to be easy to darken, i.e. if there's a trim ring over the illuminated element, I'll likely paint the trim ring. I've got a lot of experience disassembling and modifying headlights for both aesthetic and functional upgrades though. Hopefully they're sealed with butyl to make the job easier than some of the more permanent sealing options.

Overall, I don't mind the shape of the front, I just don't like the whiteness of the features.