Sponsored

Order says Full Size Spare Tire - Do we get it still?

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
Hi, conflicting stories it seems but if picked up an R1T recently, launch edition, from the shop here in mid/late May. It says Full Size Spare on the order and definitely want that but are they including it with the truck? I see you have to wait until Summer maybe online to order separately in Gear Shop.

Anyone taken recent delivery and did/did not get the full size spare if it was on your order still?

Thanks
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

If it's listed on the truck it comes with the truck I believe.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
No. You also won’t get the truck on your order.

OP
OP
txtravwill

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
No. You also won’t get the truck on your order.
Dark! I always remember seeing you on the Hummer EV forum/Hummerchat. How are you liking the R1T? We just did the same and sold the Hummer EV at a pretty good profit, so could bank some significant cash (dealer bought it back ha) and then pick up the R1T scott free.

Would love to hear your comparison a bit if get a chance as I feel like may miss the size but R1T seems like will be good daily, more livable in some ways.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Rivian removed all accessories, including the spare, from my order several months ago. The truck I am getting includes no spare.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Dark! I always remember seeing you on the Hummer EV forum/Hummerchat. How are you liking the R1T? We just did the same and sold the Hummer EV at a pretty good profit, so could bank some significant cash (dealer bought it back ha) and then pick up the R1T scott free.

Would love to hear your comparison a bit if get a chance as I feel like may miss the size but R1T seems like will be good daily, more livable in some ways.
I must have a forum doppelgänger - I’ve never had a Hummer…..and I’m still waiting for my R1T.

But I’m happy you made a profit selling your Hummer!

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I must have a forum doppelgänger - I’ve never had a Hummer…..and I’m still waiting for my R1T.

But I’m happy you made a profit selling your Hummer!
I think he just quoted the wrong guy because it looks like he was referring to Dark-FX and I think he did have a hummer.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

My biggest gripe with the ED1's drivability is the lack of anti-roll control and the massive AT tires contributing to it just driving sloppy. I prefer driving vehicles on the road that are tighter and have limited roll. The R1T in sport mode with the 22" tires is great, and likely something that's not achievable in the Hummer, period, because of it's heft. Also happier with the better efficiency in the R1T and the fact that I can actually park it places where the lots are kinda tight.

OP
OP
txtravwill

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
Thanks guys, sorry about the misquote too yeah was quoting Dark on that one post. Guess will hold tight and see if it comes with the spare that ordered, or I guess they will ship that later if necessary like the manual tonneau that is on the order but doesn't come with the truck.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
My biggest gripe with the ED1's drivability is the lack of anti-roll control and the massive AT tires contributing to it just driving sloppy. I prefer driving vehicles on the road that are tighter and have limited roll. The R1T in sport mode with the 22" tires is great, and likely something that's not achievable in the Hummer, period, because of it's heft. Also happier with the better efficiency in the R1T and the fact that I can actually park it places where the lots are kinda tight.
I thought the hummer had rear wheel steering? Or are you simply talking about the fact that it's so wide it simply won't fit in a more narrow parking space?

Sponsored

OP
OP
txtravwill

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
I thought the hummer had rear wheel steering? Or are you simply talking about the fact that it's so wide it simply won't fit in a more narrow parking space?
It does, turns amazing. It's just another 6" or so wide and definitely feel that. Never had an issue with its width too much except very carefully have to squeeze into a Sonic stall ;-) or definitely can't take a narrow parking spot - but I always parked far out ;-) like most of us anyway. We have big spots out here usually in rural TX where most vehicles are trucks anways.

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

I didn't get a spare with mine but bought a spare from someone that did get one. The spare included a jack, a jack puck, and other Rivian-branded tools.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

I asked about this when I did a test drive yesterday. Apparently some spares have shipped with the AT tires, but not the other tires.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I asked about this when I did a test drive yesterday. Apparently some spares have shipped with the AT tires, but not the other tires.
I think this is because the new "all terrain package" includes the cost of a spare as part of the package.

I am hoping for those of us who had the spare configured in our orders (and later removed) pre-March pricing they honor that original pricing. The email that stated the accessories would be removed stated some sort of language that the pricing would be maintained for the accessories that were removed when they become available in the gear shop.
Sponsored