Sponsored

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
We took delivery of our LE R1S earlier today. We did the tour and got to see the factory in action. I've been there a few times for family events so this is the first time production was happening. Overall a great experience with a great tour guide.

We then went back to the delivery center. They were doing 2 other deliveries at the same time. The R1S looked great. We didn't see any glaring issues. Build quality seems pretty good. I had my family member (that works at Rivian) help with the inspection :). Edit - I might've had Rivian goggles on and missed some alignment issues lol.

Factory was buzzing with activity and the lots were full of R1 and Vans. Quite a few white vans to be used for Rivian service.

Overall our timeline was Oct 21 order, access to shop on 3/14, picked a R1S on 3/20, delivery 3/24. I'm exhausted as we had to quickly sell our MY (Carmax) and get ready for "Pebbles". Installed a Tesla J1772 charger which was super easy as I had a Tesla charger up until a few days ago. Getting quotes on PPF and window tint scheduled for 4/29.

Rivian R1T R1S Our R1S Factory Delivery IMG_0435
Rivian R1T R1S Our R1S Factory Delivery tempImageLvTzlr
Sponsored

Last edited:

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Congratulations. I see the typical hood misalignment (hood not flush with fenders at the front). How did you get an LE with a late 2021 order? Well done on getting delivery quickly.

OP
OP
Lil'Dave

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
Congratulations. I see the typical hood misalignment (hood not flush with fenders at the front). How did you get an LE with a late 2021 order? Well done on getting delivery quickly.
There was only LE in the shop when I had access. We got access due to friends and family. Bonehead move getting the stock wheels. I blame it on my wife as I was showing here the options and that is what she picked.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lil'Dave

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
Congrats! It looks great. I’m always curious when I see the friends and family reference. An insider’s short list that moves one to the front of the line?
Thanks! They basically just have a form an employee can fill out if they have a relative or friend that has an order. You are basically saying you are flexible on color/configuration and can pick up in Normal. We were signed up a long time ago but I think they wanted to move inventory quickly so gave a group shop access.

bgoldber88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T LE, 2021 BMW X3 PHEV
Occupation
Engineer
Do you get any cool swag with a factory delivery?

OP
OP
Lil'Dave

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

bgoldber88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T LE, 2021 BMW X3 PHEV
Occupation
Engineer
👍 I want to do a factory delivery too, I was just curious. I’m excited to see the production line. I don’t really need any swag lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lil'Dave

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
👍 I want to do a factory delivery too, I was just curious. I’m excited to see the production line. I don’t really need any swag lol
Highly recommend it. The tour was a lot of fun. Delivery center is in a weird spot behind the building. Got to see train cars loaded up with Rivian's on the way back to grab the R1S.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I'd be interested to learn which 3rd party PPF shops you consider ... and which you choose. In Champaign, a shop called It's a Wrap Automotive does a great job of promoting itself on Instagram.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
There’s a small gear shop in the lobby of the factory where you can buy stuff. We did get a small swag bag courtesy of our guide who came downstairs to meet us when we took factory delivery.

Congrats on the R1S. Looks great!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

We took delivery of our LE R1S earlier today. We did the tour and got to see the factory in action. I've been there a few times for family events so this is the first time production was happening. Overall a great experience with a great tour guide.

We then went back to the delivery center. They were doing 2 other deliveries at the same time. The R1S looked great. We didn't see any glaring issues. Build quality seems pretty good. I had my family member (that works at Rivian) help with the inspection :). Edit - I might've had Rivian goggles on and missed some alignment issues lol.

Factory was buzzing with activity and the lots were full of R1 and Vans. Quite a few white vans to be used for Rivian service.

Overall our timeline was Oct 21 order, access to shop on 3/14, picked a R1S on 3/20, delivery 3/24. I'm exhausted as we had to quickly sell our MY (Carmax) and get ready for "Pebbles". Installed a Tesla J1772 charger which was super easy as I had a Tesla charger up until a few days ago. Getting quotes on PPF and window tint scheduled for 4/29.

IMG_0435.jpeg
tempImageLvTzlr.jpg
Congratulations. Let's go camping 🏕
Sponsored