Sponsored

Our R1S keeps having problems - now the rear wiper

Amped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Volvo, Porsche
I had an earlier post about the defected liftgate on my R1S and the history of dealing with it. This just in today! One more problem added to the growing list of things not working + the poorly assembled parts. It's getting pathetic!

Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Wow… I’m sorry to hear, but this video is really hard not to laugh about. :CWL:

It really makes me wonder what Rivian actually includes in their QC report.

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like it was installed 180 degrees out, if you pry the end cover I bet there is a nut you can remove and flip it. Kinda silly on a $100k truck, but still so much fun …

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
I had an earlier post about the defected liftgate on my R1S and the history of dealing with it. This just in today! One more problem added to the growing list of things not working + the poorly assembled parts. It's getting pathetic!
Guessing this was installed incorrectly when they were working on your defective liftgate. But the tech work on it should have had instructions with "test wiper" after putting everything back together.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Amped

Amped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Volvo, Porsche
Totally. Yes they should've tested it. The Service Center has kept missing steps in testing obvious things - during the multiple attempts of realigning it. The sad part is that the Service Rep follows a script where he has repeatedly reminded me that the work has passed inspection(s) and how the work 'is up to Rivian's standards'. Ironically we've learned how not so high those standards are now! After the second attempt of realigning the lift gate, it literally stopped working right before the Rep's own eyes after the work had been completed. Completed in Rivian's words. They're just regurgitating what they've been told to tell customers. After the 4th attempt, the gate came home with a noticeable rattle. And it still keeps on giving...or taking...

Last edited:

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Totally. Yes they should've tested it. The Service Center has kept missing steps in testing the liftgate - during the multiple attempts of realigning it. The sad part is that the Service Rep follows a script where he has repeatedly reminded me that the work has passed inspection(s) and how the work 'is up to Rivian's standards'. Ironically we've learned how not so high (or high at all) those standards are now! After the second attempt of realigning the lift gate, it literally stopped working right before his own eyes after work had been completed. After the 4th attempt, the gate came home with a noticeable rattle. Now this. They're just regurgitating what they've been told to tell customers...
Sheesh! What CA service center is yours??? I hope not Costa Mesa in SoCal! That's where I'll be taking delivery of my R1S this week.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Sheesh! What CA service center is yours??? I hope not Costa Mesa in SoCal! That's where I'll be taking delivery of my R1S this week.
Rivian has outgrown their Costa Mesa, CA location. Service appointments are at least 8-weeks out and that’s after adding a 2nd shift for technicians.

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

What VIN?

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Hey at least that painted section just below the window seems pretty dry 😉

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Some of this stuff is certainly a compound of errors. It's not just the truck but it's the service centers as well that are all brand new. As someone who's spent a good number of years managing and hiring new employees I know how incredibly difficult it is to find good staff. This could have been a simple mistake or a careless employee. It's hard not to be pissed off about stuff like this, I know I would be.

I've seen both sides of this now and it's made me a lot more understanding. With that said I totally get where you're coming from on this one.

sparetimetoys

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Toyota Tundra, Toyota Highlander, Toyo
Occupation
Inspector for a major airline
Clubs

It’s clocked 180degrees out. Mine is parked on the right side not the left. Have them take the nut off and reposition it to pointing right. It’s not rocket science.

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h

I always thought Rivian should have installed the wiper up under the spoiler as is common on several other vehicles. Gives the rear window a cleaner look…. Looks like your R1S agrees.
Sponsored