Sponsored

Out of Spec Kyle- I Drive The VinFast VF8 For The First Time! And I Really Wish I Didn't...

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
His review of the fisker ocean wasn’t great. He said it was floaty and boring. That said he did compliment the “magna seats.”
Well to be fair people were critical of the R1S suspension right after deliveries started. It can be greatly improved with software updates. So as long as the right hardware is in place they probably can dial that in a little better.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NY_Rob

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Well to be fair people were critical of the R1S suspension right after deliveries started. It can be greatly improved with software updates. So as long as the right hardware is in place they probably can dial that in a little better.
... and you remember one of the important features Rivian wouldn't let anyone touch right? The failed Tonneau system, because Rivian knew very early on the system was failed. FF to VinFast where they don't even let reviewers drive the car above 5mph... hmmmm wonder why?

Last edited:

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
hopefully Rivian continues to improve it. We are still disappointed in how our R1S rides.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
hopefully Rivian continues to improve it. We are still disappointed in how our R1S rides.
When considering some of the things they have been able to add for the R1T over the past year just via updates I think they will get it dialed in for you. At least I hope they do for your sake...

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
You sir are a gentleman. Thank you for the succinct summary.
It's worth watching for the ride along if you enjoy watching a train wreck. That being said, I also really enjoyed his MX-30 review, in which he also just ripped it and Mazda a new one.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

It's worth watching for the ride along if you enjoy watching a train wreck. That being said, I also really enjoyed his MX-30 review, in which he also just ripped it and Mazda a new one.
At least Mazda make well screwed together vehicles.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Oh look, he’s wearing the same hoodie and pants he always wears. I hope he showers… I feel bad for Alyssa 😂

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Oh look, he’s wearing the same hoodie and pants he always wears. I hope he showers… I feel bad for Alyssa 😂
I am sure she is doing OK out of the deal - limitless Starbucks!

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I am sure she is doing OK out of the deal - limitless Starbucks!
At least their taste in vehicles is better than their taste in garbage coffee.
Sponsored