teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

This is my first time owning such a tall vehicle let alone one with adjustable suspension. Given the many low ceilinged garages in the Socal area I always have to remind myself that it'll fit in most garages, but I made a handy cheat sheet to keep in the car for my own peace of mind.

Rivian R1T R1S Overall height cheat sheet IMG_0403
Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Good idea. I might do something similar for lowest, low, standard etc. My garage just barely fits the R1T in standard height. Any higher and the antenna would scrape the opened garage door. Hopefully Rivian doesn’t tweak these heights in OTAs too much or I might be in trouble!

Mousetrap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

This is my first time owning such a tall vehicle let alone one with adjustable suspension. Given the many low ceilinged garages in the Socal area I always have to remind myself that it'll fit in most garages, but I made a handy cheat sheet to keep in the car for my own peace of mind.

IMG_0403.jpg
This is awesome, thanks for posting it! Are the numbers posted someplace or did you measure (to the mm ;))? I've wondered every time I go into a parking garage and generally just put it in Sport to be safe(r).

Random question: do you ever not have the antenna? I'm curious of the utility of including that on your sheet.

OP
OP
teddyang

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

This is awesome, thanks for posting it! Are the numbers posted someplace or did you measure (to the mm ;))? I've wondered every time I go into a parking garage and generally just put it in Sport to be safe(r).

Random question: do you ever not have the antenna? I'm curious of the utility of including that on your sheet.
the info was from a Reddit post from someone who supposedly got the data from a service center so that’s why the without antenna info is included. I can see it being useful if you’re pulling partially into a garage or if there’s like low ducting in some parking garages that doesn’t take up the whole space.

Sponsored

Mousetrap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Fair enough, thanks! I saw that Reddit post and thought that might be the source. Per the post, the info was for the 20" All Terrain wheels - we have the 21", so I'm not sure if it's different. I'll send my own email and let you know what I find out.

OP
OP
teddyang

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Fair enough, thanks! I saw that Reddit post and thought that might be the source. Per the post, the info was for the 20" All Terrain wheels - we have the 21", so I'm not sure if it's different. I'll send my own email and let you know what I find out.
If I remember correctly you should be good because I think the 20” actually sit taller than the other tire options.

not_a_car_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Perf Dual Motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

IMG_0403.jpg
I was looking for something similar, and was happy to see this data in one place nicely organized. However, I'm having a hard time reconciling it with the data in the owner's guide (see page 129):

Rivian R1T R1S Overall height cheat sheet 1706116221903

The difference between sport and standard mode in your table is 2.6". But that doesn't match what I'd expect to see from the table in the Owner's Guide, which is more like 1.4in or 2.0in, depending on whether you are in Low or Lowest heights when in Sport mode. Similarly, the math between Standard and Off-road mode doesn't match because in your table the difference is 2.6", and that is neither 1.6" or 3.5" as shown in the owner's guide table.

One possibility that could explain this mismatch is that the differences between ride heights remain the same regardless of what mode you are in, but the reference "Standard" absolute (or overall) height actually changes depending on the drive mode.

Trinculo73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Mini Cooper Conv., Victory Magnum X1
Clubs

Did you ever end up getting an answer to this? I'm still waiting for my R1T to get out of the shop and make delivery, but I have overhead storage in my garage and I'd like to make sure I know the fit BEFORE it gets here 🤣

Mousetrap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I got an answer, but don't have the answer:

My guide wrote back:
For reference, the 20" wheels have tires that are about an inch wider than your tires.

All dimensions based on R1T with 20'' All Terrain wheels

Overall Height (Sport Mode):
1787mm or 70.4″ (without antenna)
1856mm or 73.1″ (with antenna)
1863mm or 73.4″ (with crossbars)

Overall Height (Standard):
1852mm or 73″ (without antenna)
1921mm or 75.7″ (with antenna)
1928mm or 76″ (with crossbars)

Overall Height (Off-road Mode):
1918mm or 75.6″ (without antenna)
1987mm or 78.3″ (with antenna)
1994mm or 78.6″ (with crossbars)
I wrote back "So... Does that make mine an inch shorter than all those dimensions? I'm rocking the 21s." He responded:

Our site does not specify the wheel diameter of the tires so I wouldn't bet your roofline on it but that should be the case.
...so while I got a response, it's largely the same information we had before.
Sponsored