Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Have you noticed any changes in wind noise with the roof rack? One part that I've heard causes wind noise commonly is the applique between the windshield and the glass on the roof, where it'll be more depressed on one side than the other (it's like that on mine) and that causes extra wind noise.

It looks like the way the roof rack covers the front of the area it should deflect the wind up and over that applique so in theory should reduce that noise generator?

Would be very curious how you feel either product has impacted noise in the cabin at various speeds.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I got roughly about ~27 inches from on top of the tonneau to the top of the rack. Was a pretty quick measurement though
Just in case anyone else wants to know I measured today after my rack arrived, it sits exactly 24” above the top of the bed rail, would be slightly more to the top of the tonneau. You had me worried because my camper wouldn’t have fit if it were 27” :whew:

In case anyone is interested, here are some photos of the DCE mounting solution that Overland Ruff Rax is using. Edit: After assembly I weighed the rack at ~50lbs.

Rivian R1T R1S Overland Ruff Rax Roof Rack installed on R1T E3ADD7A6-4458-47A5-B3E4-0732966B7218

Rivian R1T R1S Overland Ruff Rax Roof Rack installed on R1T D50F11BE-DC0C-4027-AFCA-834B43173148

Rivian R1T R1S Overland Ruff Rax Roof Rack installed on R1T 0819B594-FD9E-46EA-B3C0-5CD51EFB8A94

Rivian R1T R1S Overland Ruff Rax Roof Rack installed on R1T 84E9E0D1-29B4-48FC-830E-119FF20EDDCC

Last edited:

jiujitsuallen

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T, '22 Taycan CT4, '20 Defender 110
Here is a link to my previous post where I did a short review and initial impressions on the Overland Ruff Rax bed rack, I have since then updated it with a 1000 mile efficiency update, so feel free to go check that out for latest range testing.

But I was so pleased with the product, and was pretty happy with my efficiency, I thought to myself "Might as well add more!" So I purchased the Overland Ruff Rax roof rack. Once again just a disclaimer I am not affiliated with them at all, I am simply reviewing a product that I purchased.

DJI_0080.JPG

I will be conducting another range test, below is my picture of 100 miles. My testing is done everyday driving, off roading, commuting, highways, everything. So far I am getting 1.96 since adding the roof rack, and I believe it should improve my range due to that wind deflector, but only time and miles will tell. The roam adventure box will not be on the vehicle for range testing, solely only for camping trips or photo ops.
I will update at 1000 miles.
IMG_5084.jpg

The top of the rack is made from extruded aluminum so it makes it very easy to mount anything to the roof rack, can use t-bolts, t-nuts, carriage bolts, etc. It is very easy to get things off and on.
IMG_5066.jpeg
IMG_5069.jpeg

IMG_5067.jpeg
DJI_0098.JPG

DJI_0087.JPG

It also installs directly to the OEM mount points so no modifications are necessary.

It is very easy to install and can be done with one person, it is removable in one piece but would recommend a second hand so you don't damage your vehicle.

DJI_0101.JPG

As always feel free to reach out if you would like any additional pictures, information, or testing!
Setup looks sweet, man! Just picked up my R1T this past week and I'm going with the same setup including the iKamper Mini. Not sure if you posted it already but wanted to know what the overall height was with the Mini on. Wanted to know if it'll clear my garage.
Sponsored