Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Edit: I purchased the roof rack and 2 sets of extra mounts. Problem one occurred when my package arrived and only 1 set of extra mounts was included ($400). I called him and he said it was his mistake and he would make it right, now 3 weeks later he has not and he is not taking my calls or responding to messages. Second issue was the rack itself, one of the pieces was too long such that I had to cut some extrusion of each end on my own to make it fit. Next there was not enough T-Nuts to finish the assembly. Not a great experience so far.

Edit 2: Sam reached out to me, apparently saw this post and assures me he will get me the rest of the parts I need, he had his reasons for the delay which are reasonable I wish he wouldn't have been too busy to follow up. Anyway we will see. He also acknowledged the mistake with the piece being too long and assures me it will be right for future customers.

Edit 3 (3/3/2023): Sam followed through and delivered the parts, delayed but I have what I paid for.

Looks like Overland RuffRax is releasing their roof/bed mounted racks today. Per a message I got this morning they will be posting pictures and dimensions of the actual Rivian product later this morning.

Certainly not budget options but looks like quality products, I am looking at the roof rack for my build. Iā€™m still asking about how they are mounting these to the factory mounting locations, hoping to get an answer.

Bed Rack

Roof Rack
Sponsored

Last edited:

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
It really looks like there might be some adventure camping in my future. For 10k in gear I can get the best RV camping gear with the portability to go anywhere and without the maintenance of an RV.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Pretty cool. Anyone know what the weight of the roof rack is? I didnā€™t see it on the site but it does say itā€™s steel.

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
Is there a reason the roof racks are $900 more than the other roof racks they make for other trucks? Or why the bed racks are over $1K more than the other bed racks they make for other trucks? Or are they just assuming that because the R1T costs more they can charge more?

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Pretty cool. Anyone know what the weight of the roof rack is? I didnā€™t see it on the site but it does say itā€™s steel.
Yeah that is a good question, Iā€™d also like to know the weight before I buy it. I see they donā€™t list weights for their other racks either, probably have to ask.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Yikes. They look great, butā€¦

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Does anyone know when they plan on releasing their R1S rooftop rack?

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Why are all these companies posting a product when they only have 1 photo? I get the rush to market, but come on! Also, I wonder what steps/sliders these are:

Rivian R1T R1S Overland RuffRax - Roof Rack & Bed Rack Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 7.43.15 AM

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
Why are all these companies posting a product when they only have 1 photo? I get the rush to market, but come on! Also, I wonder what steps/sliders these are:
I think those are the Weistec/DCE ones. Pretty sure thats the Optima car before they put on all the vinyl

Sponsored

pnwr1s

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S | Black on black on black | 20ā€ ATs
Yikes, quite the Rivian tax on that one. I paid $900 for the prinsu rack on my 200 series LX.