First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
Occupation
VP client services
So I just took my R1T in bc I noticed the A-Pillar was a tad off and that’s what I thought was making a lot of wind noise. The service center in Dallas replaced the pillar and door seal but as soon as I got on the highway I noticed it again! Anyone else experiencing something like this and if so is it a fix I can do or will it have to go back in/ will I have to live with it? Thanks y’all !
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Get out some painters tape....gonna take process of elimination. I need to do this as well.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yes. I also need to play the painters tape game.

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I just taped mine and drove it up the interstate at the 72mph I used for my baseline comparison. The dB reading was down, but only by 4 units so I am wondering what to do next. I also held the meter along the top edge of the window and really had no significant difference. Possibly it is in the weatherstripping of the door and not the window. Time will tell.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The dB reading was down, but only by 4 units so I am wondering what to do next.
Don't forget the log scale that dB are.

Also, depending on your device and app choice, your dB readings may have a very large error per CDC testing on phone apps.

Jay565

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hyundai
So I just took my R1T in bc I noticed the A-Pillar was a tad off and that’s what I thought was making a lot of wind noise. The service center in Dallas replaced the pillar and door seal but as soon as I got on the highway I noticed it again! Anyone else experiencing something like this and if so is it a fix I can do or will it have to go back in/ will I have to live with it? Thanks y’all !
So I'm also having issues with wind noise, I tried painter's tape on the roof/headliner, seems like that helped the noise, but still testing, try that...
Sponsored