Sponsored

Phone as key issues

Iwentfromagtr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Update this fixed my issue!

For those with PAK issues, remove PAK, sign out of your app, restart phone, sign back in & re-pair.

…………………………….
Just picked up my R1T last week. Chris my service Rep that delivered my Rivian tried to set up my “phone as key” could not get the set up done and said that it was a known issue and Rivian was working on a fix. I left it at that and picked up my truck. Submitted a service ticket and Rivian service rep pushed a new update to my Truck 2022.39.03. Still not working.
Just picked up my R1T last week. Chris my service Rep that delivered my Rivian tried to set up my “phone as key” could not get the set up done and said that it was a known issue and Rivian was working on a fix. I left it at that and picked up my truck. Submitted a service ticket and Rivian service rep pushed a new update to my Truck 2022.39.03. Still not working.

Any one else having this issue?

I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max on the latest firmware (16.1) as suggest by the rep after our initial call. It just gets stuck in an endless loop. Deleting the key and trying again gives the same results. Sent invite to my wife phone and results were the same. Otherwise still enjoying the truck!

4C673C1E-D04D-496F-BC82-CC4425098030.jpeg

807950AF-8953-4311-BF74-368D9877DB1D.jpeg

20B9A8A0-BC01-46E4-B1A4-BB2EE0644134.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mark’s RT-1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y and Model Y Perf. And some other EVs
Occupation
Bus. Owner.
Clubs

Delete all your Bluetooth devices on your phone. Then add the Rivian as the first BT device.

should work. Then add back all your others.

OP
OP

Iwentfromagtr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Delete all your Bluetooth devices on your phone. Then add the Rivian as the first BT device.

should work. Then add back all your others.
Thank Mark. Did that. Deleted everything. Used 3 different phones. No good. They are going to escalate this to the higher up. I’ll keep ya posted.

Mark’s RT-1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y and Model Y Perf. And some other EVs
Occupation
Bus. Owner.
Clubs

Bummer. Sorry you’re going thru that. 🙄

porkbelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pivot Switchblade, Nukeproof Scout
Seconded. Picked up today, would not pair. Looks like the same problem as you. Pixel 6a. Service center said they've seen a couple of these now. Mobile service is coming out next week to take a closer look after we spent about an hour at the SC trying everything including diagnostics.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Iwentfromagtr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Fixed!

For those with PAK issues, remove PAK, sign out of your app, restart phone, sign back in & re-pair.

porkbelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pivot Switchblade, Nukeproof Scout
signing out was probably the only variable I hadn't tried yet, but alas, still no worky.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Picked new today, would not connect. iPhone 12 Pro Max. My pickup coordinator said she had seen others have the same problems. After I got home she asked me to reboot the truck (left steering wheel button and hazards) and try again. Still no luck. Rebooted phone, did not work. I guess I will just wait until they come up with a fix, and carry the fob around like I have for every other vehicle I've had. Bluetooth audio streaming still works, I was worried about that when I read about some of these phone as a key issues.

Indian_River

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Adventure Large Pack, VW Golf R, Audi Q
Occupation
Physician
I had the same problem. I followed the instructions below and it worked like a charm.

Rivian R1T R1S Phone as key issues D97E05DB-F3F4-42BD-A186-B2945F0C4432

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I had the same problem. I followed the instructions below and it worked like a charm.

D97E05DB-F3F4-42BD-A186-B2945F0C4432.jpeg
That definitely didn't work. Now I can't even sign back into the mobile app. Just takes my name and password and prompts me again for them.

Sponsored

Indian_River

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Adventure Large Pack, VW Golf R, Audi Q
Occupation
Physician
That definitely didn't work. Now I can't even sign back into the mobile app. Just takes my name and password and prompts me again for them.
that’s frustrating. Sorry that it’s not working out. Hopefully Rivian service will be able to sort things out for you.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

that’s frustrating. Sorry that it’s not working out. Hopefully Rivian service will be able to sort things out for you.
At the end of the day, the key fob still works. It still drives well. Never had PAAK before so I don't know what I am missing. A lot of people here didn't like PAAK at first, because the truck would lock/unlock based on their vicinity to it. I do wonder if my PAAK and app login problem are two issues are related or different. I feel like I should of thought of deleting and reinstalling the app myself. I sent my guide and pick up coordinator (if thats the right job title) my information. At the end of the day, the truck drives straight, the steering wheel seems centered, tonneau works (for now), no major cosmetic issues, no major wind noise (that I noticed traveling 2 hours at highway speeds), the radio rocks (for bluetooth streaming), and the range seemed fairly accurate (projected 270 miles at 100%, used 60% to get home, which is around 140 miles on google maps, mostly highway @75ish). And I would probably appreciate more about the vehicle if I didn't stress about driving my first EV/one pedal drive around NYC the first hour I owned it. I drove about 2 hours 15 minutes to pick up in Brooklyn this morning, and close to 3 hours home. A few hours after I got home I drove it about a mile to pick up some beer.

JACE

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Having the same issue. Have tired deleti g key, logging out , restarting phone. I even restarted the car. Same issue.

Charged

First Name
Mal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, Rivian R1T
Clubs

When I picked up my new R1T last week the delivery person was unable to set up PAAK with my iPhone 12 Max. Oddly, he also couldn't get it to confirm the fob as a key—even though each button on the fob does seem to work. A technician at the service center also tried unsuccessfully (we spent at least 30 mins reseting the vehicle software, signing out of the app, deleting and reinstalling the app, deleting all Bluetooth connected devices, setting correct Rivian permissions) and they advised me to submit a ticket and drive home. I subsequently spent an hour on the phone with a service rep going through all the same steps as had been tried before, but it always reports "unable to pair". I now have an appointment at the service center, but I am not confident that this will be resolved and it's a 2+ hour drive each way.

For the record my phone pairs immediately for use via the vehicle's audio, accessing my phone contacts, etc. The camp speaker pairs with the phone, and the vehicle connects to the home WiFi. Disconnecting all of that pairing does not resolve the PAAK problem.

This seems so similar to previous users in this and other threads, except for the failed fob pairing. Any thoughts? Advice?

I really love driving this truck, but it would be nice to be able to use the phone to control the vehicle remotely, and to add my wife's phone as a key.

natemj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Seconded. Picked up today, would not pair. Looks like the same problem as you. Pixel 6a. Service center said they've seen a couple of these now. Mobile service is coming out next week to take a closer look after we spent about an hour at the SC trying everything including diagnostics.
Hi @porkbelly - curious if you were ever able to get this resolved, and if so what fixed it. I have been through all other solutions mentioned (i.e. delete, sign out, restart, - tried on multiple devices and nothing). Thanks in advance.
Sponsored